Thank you, Seabourn!

HunEBear

I noticed that the pre-cruise booklet for our January Legend cruise now includes information on the number of formal nights for the cruise. It is listed after the Itinerary. This information is much appreciated and will be a big help in deciding what to pack.

That's great. They must be responding to requests. My understanding, on a seven night cruise, is that it usually goes like this: embarkation day, casual. Next night, formal, next three nights, elegant casual, next to last night, formal, last night, casual. Is it like that?

Jane

This is indeed a nice touch. I often wondered why they didn't do it before. I rationalized that it must have been somehow logistically difficult to predetermine since Seabourn's cruise itineraries are not "cookie-cutter" in length or destination.

I know this is heresy but I wish they would offer at least one cruise with 0 formal nights.

*feels faint*

I personally wouldn't mind the option of a true causal dining experience (other than staying in your suite) a few times per cruise. :o

Wait, Matt...

Restaurant 2 is casual most nights (except when the Restaurant is formal) . And now they are trying to get some evenings with Sky Grill dinners at the Sky Bar--depends on the weather obviously.

Is all that new since you were on?

bgood

bgood - yes. It was still the Verandah Cafe back in April on the Pride and it seemed that jackets were required nearly every night.

I am looking forward to trying a Sky Grill Dinner, but it sounds like the kinks are still be worked out with them based on some of the reviews...

Making our Seabourn debut;) with the March 19 crossing to Lisbon (out of Ft. L'dale - or, as Travis McGee used to say - Ft. Lauder-damn-dale..) I think it's 12 nights - anyone with an idea of how many formal nights in that schedule? Thanks!

I know this is heresy but I wish they would offer at least one cruise with 0 formal nights.

Or at least not be required to wear NECK CHOKERS! Love to dress up, but find it diffult to enjoy diner when the air supply is cut off.

Archived