Update on Amerisuites 17th St

tacohee12

Just got back from a cruise and I stayed 1 night precruise and 1 night post cruise at Amerisuites. So many people on this board ask about condition etc I thought I'd check in.

This hotel although in need of new furnishings was just fine for the $80. per night charge. No problem with the shuttle service at all and the morning breakfast was just great.

I was quite happy I booked it.

Thanks for the update, we will be there on 12/8. I think if you go to this hotel not expecting a 4 star and just want a convienent, clean place to stay for 1 night at a inexpensive price it will be fine, we also have the $79 rate. We arrive at 11 and want to explore Ft. Lauderdale anyway so we will not be spending much time there anyway. If you arrived early was a room available or could you store your luggage? Did you use the trolley, restaurants or shopping in the area? Thanks

Glad to see another positive post here on AmeriSuites since we have it booked on Dec 9 and 17. We stayed there last year and was quite happy with the location and condition of the rooms. We only want convenience and cleanliness. It sounds like this is just fine @ AmeriSuites.

We would like to know about the water taxi and trolly too. I have read about it on some of the other threads and it sounds like a plan for us.

I certainly appreciate your update on the Amerisuites. I got so nervous thinking that we made a huge mistake. We are 4 couples/4 rooms and we were concerned with all the bad reviews. We don't expect a 4 star just a clean, bug free room for pre cruise! So pleased to hear that you had a good experience. Again, thanks.

I certainly appreciate your update on the Amerisuites. I got so nervous thinking that we made a huge mistake. We are 4 couples/4 rooms and we were concerned with all the bad reviews. We don't expect a 4 star just a clean, bug free room for pre cruise! So pleased to hear that you had a good experience. Again, thanks.

Word of advise..we stayed there last year..I had NO complaints, but i will let you in on a secret...each room has 2 queen beds and a double pull out couch...(all 3 couples that we were) could have saved money and gotten 1 room...plenty of space..

If you stay here the water taxi is only a short walk and is located under the bridge. This is a great way to spend the day or evening cruising Ft. Lauderdale, seeing the beautiful homes and yachts and getting off and on at different places. Last year we were there to see all the Christmas decorations and it was great.

If you stay here the water taxi is only a short walk and is located under the bridge. This is a great way to spend the day or evening cruising Ft. Lauderdale, seeing the beautiful homes and yachts and getting off and on at different places. Last year we were there to see all the Christmas decorations and it was great.

thats exsactly what we gonna do:D

We stayed here 11/10 and thought the room was just fine. It isn't a 4-star hotel, but for the price you can't beat it. Free shuttle from airport and free shuttle to ship besides the continental breakfast (okay so it's not the Ritz, but you're getting on a cruise where you can eat non-stop if you want, so there's not a starvation factor:)!)

I would recommend that if you book thru Valutrips for the cheapest fare, that you also call the hotel direct to ensure that the reservation has been made, as evidently there can be problems of communication between Valu-Trips and AmeriSuites.

There's a wine store next to the Publix nearby that has the best prices for wine you may want to carry on the ship. Also the water taxi was great for the day before the cruise (if you don't want to walk you can take the Sun Trolley -available from the front of Publix for a whole 50 cents.) Also we'd highly recommend Palm Grille (formerly Max's Grille) at Las Olas for lunch.

We booked AmerSuites for our Feb 25 cruise but cancelled after reading about it. I might pay $80 for something that is not quite right, but $200+ (which is what we were going pay in Feb.) is a bit too much. If it goes down, we might look at it again.

Hi Nasmas,

We booked AmeriSuites for 4/14/07 and the rate will be $129.00 plus tax. That is the rate for Jan thru May. We have paid as low as $79.00 but that was another season !! Go to www.valuetrips.com and click on AmeriSuites under the top 10 deals. We have booked with Value Trips 3 times now and never a problem. We have stayed at this location 3 times now and thought it was good-great location for stores of all types and close to the water taxi , the airport and the cruise port. For what it is worth department !!!!:) Take care, Knarf (Frank backwards)

Archived