Bars for 30 somethings in Cancun

hoosiergirl45

Hi all! Always love this site and get the greatest advice here. My husband and I are going to Cancun in two weeks. We are looking for some nightlife but not the drunk teenager/20 year olds bars. Something a little more sophisticated but still a ton of fun. I'm 31 and my husband is 33. Any recommendations? Thanks!

There is a bar called My Place near the Punto, right next to TGIFridays. I have not been there but have heard rave reviews. Hacienda Sisal, located in front of the Royal Sands also has a live band and dance floor and caters to the older crowd. They also have happy hour drink prices from 9 to closing!

Michelle

We stopped by My Place last month. The drinks are reasonably priced, the staff is attentative and welcoming. The night we were there it was Ultra quiet (but it was also early in the evening before dinner). I really liked that although there was music playing, we could still have a conversation with eachother and not have to scream at the top of our lungs. I think wednesday evenings Joe does a Texas Hold'em type of thing where you can learn how to play and just have some fun. they have a huge Karoke menu if that's your thing as well.

Most of the popular bars get crazy crowded and quite noisy, but the ages really vary from 20's to 60's and beyond.

I haven't been there in a while, but the Hard Rock also has live music and might be a bit more subdued simply because it's near the other more popular dance clubs.

We just came back from Cancun and I would highly recommend CocoBongo. What a show. It starts at 11:00 and goes until around 2:00, just about then is when you want to leave. Then it becomes really rowdy and the drunks really become way obvious. We're in our early 50's and enjoyed ourselves until about 2.

Archived