For anyone who has sailed JS Aft on a Voyager class ship

ckrobyn

I have to ask this question on behalf of DH who is driving me up a wall. CC folks, please save me! :eek:

We are booked in Aft JS 1694 for both weeks of our B2B on the AOS this coming February. He is concerned that the view isn't going to be what he is used to, compared to a side cabin. He knows there is a 'superstructure" at the back of Voyager class ships, but I have assured him it is only really prevalent on deck 6 and to some extent deck 7 where there is significant grey area to look at instead of the ocean....

For anyone who has stayed in a deck 10 aft cabin on a Voyager class ship - can you convince my DH with words and pictures that the view is going to be great?

All help is greatly appreciated!! :)

I have to ask this question on behalf of DH who is driving me up a wall. CC folks, please save me! :eek:

We are booked in Aft JS 1694 for both weeks of our B2B on the AOS this coming February. He is concerned that the view isn't going to be what he is used to, compared to a side cabin. He knows there is a 'superstructure" at the back of Voyager class ships, but I have assured him it is only really prevalent on deck 6 and to some extent deck 7 where there is significant grey area to look at instead of the ocean....

For anyone who has stayed in a deck 10 aft cabin on a Voyager class ship - can you convince my DH with words and pictures that the view is going to be great?

All help is greatly appreciated!! :)

I think you should just cancel the cruise! You are going to have a terrible time in that JS!

I think you should just cancel the cruise! You are going to have a terrible time in that JS!

Murphy!!! LMAO :p

See - you can still watch me obsess over a cruise.......all is not lost!

Hurdy Gurdy - Kiss Kiss !

Miss ya!

ckrobyn - We had 1394 on Navigator, in fact I changed from my hump cabin when 1394 became available. While it was good to experience the aft on a Voyager class and the balcony is HUGE, I would pick the hump over aft. The structure bugged me as I love to look down at the water not my neighbor. Here's a link to pics, you'll have to kind of weed through them to see the balcony, view and the structure. The other thing that was different, and maybe it was the weather, it was very stuffy on the balcony as the air didn't really circulate. I'm glad I tried it though!

http://macwayzoo.com/Photos/06-Sept-Navigator%20Cruise/index.htm

We have 1694 booked on Explorer in May. I talked to someone that stayed in that same room and they didn't mind the structure at all.

This will be our first aft as well. We have only stayed on the hump on RCI and loved it, but want to give the aft a try The person I spoke with loved the AFT cabin on that deck. they said sitting in the evenings was wonderful....and had a great view "looking out".

We are going back to the hump on liberty, but we do want to give this a try. Next AFT we book will be on a different class with no structure.

I know it will be great no matter what !

You can email me if you want...i might have a pic to send . (sdear@comcast.net )

Sue

ckrobyn - We had 1394 on Navigator, in fact I changed from my hump cabin when 1394 became available. While it was good to experience the aft on a Voyager class and the balcony is HUGE, I would pick the hump over aft. The structure bugged me as I love to look down at the water not my neighbor. Here's a link to pics, you'll have to kind of weed through them to see the balcony, view and the structure. The other thing that was different, and maybe it was the weather, it was very stuffy on the balcony as the air didn't really circulate. I'm glad I tried it though!

Thanks so much for the pics! I am a little freaked out by the metal structure - I think mostly because I am just freshly off the Radiance (JS 1100) and there is no metal at all - just an extraordinary view! My DH has also seen the pics and we may reconsider our decision :rolleyes: Unless of course someone pops in here and strongly convinces me otherwise!

We have 1694 booked on Explorer in May. I talked to someone that stayed in that same room and they didn't mind the structure at all.

This will be our first aft as well. We have only stayed on the hump on RCI and loved it, but want to give the aft a try The person I spoke with loved the AFT cabin on that deck. they said sitting in the evenings was wonderful....and had a great view "looking out".

We are going back to the hump on liberty, but we do want to give this a try. Next AFT we book will be on a different class with no structure.

I know it will be great no matter what !

You can email me if you want...i might have a pic to send . (sdear@comcast.net )

Sue

Hi Sue, thanks for your comments.

We had a hump cabin the last time we were on the AOS and loved it. Then for some reason I got obsessed with aft cabins :rolleyes: LOL and here I am with one booked for 14 nights!

I guess I am just nervous that the metal WILL bother me.....uuugh!

JS 1100 on the Radiance was superb with no metal and now I am spoiled for life! :)

you've got a super good view from 1694 we stayed in that room and loved it,plus its a mini suite,your husband will be very happy with it,you dont even hardly see that much metal unless your looking straight down,dont worry it'll be fine,if you were a few decks lower then you would see it alot more,just relax it'll be great:))));) :p

you've got a super good view from 1694 we stayed in that room and loved it,plus its a mini suite,your husband will be very happy with it,you dont even hardly see that much metal unless your looking straight down,dont worry it'll be fine,if you were a few decks lower then you would see it alot more,just relax it'll be great:))));) :p

I've seen pics here and did a search on Webshots - the balcony looks HUGE! That is a definite plus. I do spend quite a bit of time on my balcony. Although I am a bit stressed about the metal structure, people like yourself that have stayed in 1694 keep convincing me to stay put!

Looks like I may not have all that much of a choice - I want the same cabin for both weeks and there is nothing else in the JS category on deck 10 that will do that for me.....

Thanks again for your comments - I appreciate it! :)

Fantastic pictures. You have shown the view from the aft Jr suite so well. The picture looking down over the balcony is one that I have not seen and it really is a good example of what you are getting with the aft Jr suite.. thanks so much

I liked the bigger balcony that an aft JS cabin provided. We have had both an aft suite and a midship JS on Voyager. We have a hump JS on Mariner in a couple of weeks.

The issue that my DW and I had was the hike from our cabin to get anywhere on the ship.

It's a long hike from 10 Aft to deck 3 forward to the theater. I've been on shorter shore excursions.

So consider this before you settle in for B2B.

Enjoy!:)

I always book 1694................. Have had it on Explorer twice, Navigator and have it on AOS. I have also had a GS on Freedom, at night there is nothing that beats looking out at the wake of the ship, nothing like a sunrise or sunset off that balconcy.....................

Also, the view, heck, you won't notice th steel, you an see both port and starboard side............ But shh......... don't tell anyone else about these great cabins, I hate having to book so far out.

I always book 1694................. Have had it on Explorer twice, Navigator and have it on AOS. I have also had a GS on Freedom, at night there is nothing that beats looking out at the wake of the ship, nothing like a sunrise or sunset off that balconcy.....................

Also, the view, heck, you won't notice th steel, you an see both port and starboard side............ But shh......... don't tell anyone else about these great cabins, I hate having to book so far out.

Wow! Thanks for those great thoughts about MY cabin! LOL :)

I liked the bigger balcony that an aft JS cabin provided. We have had both an aft suite and a midship JS on Voyager. We have a hump JS on Mariner in a couple of weeks.

The issue that my DW and I had was the hike from our cabin to get anywhere on the ship.

It's a long hike from 10 Aft to deck 3 forward to the theater. I've been on shorter shore excursions.

So consider this before you settle in for B2B.

Enjoy!:)

The hike is not what concerns me - I can deal with the long trek to the aft. I am looking forward to the big balcony :D From what others are saying, looks like the metal really isn't an issue......?

Hi Robyn...

Believe it or not...I just got done looking at photos of cabin 1694 on Navigator and the balcony looks fine to me.

Just search for cruisingator2 on this board and he has a link for pictures in his signature.;)

Bob:)

Thanks Bob - for taking the time to answer an obsessed lunatic :rolleyes: LOL

I will definitely search for cruisingator.......

Happy Thanksgiving!

We just returned from the Voyager aft JS 1394. We loved the cabin! While you do look down on portions of the decks below, there is still plenty of beautiful aft wake to see.

We thought we had the best cabin and balcony on the ship!

Once again - another vote for 1694! Thanks!

There is now a good chance I will sleep tonight ;)

I just found cruisingator's pics and they are great! :)

They have set my mind at ease (for now! LOL) Once again, thanks for leading me to that link - I appreciate it!

Hey Robyn, glad that my photos could help. I loved this area and the steel structure did not bother me at all. I have had both of the JS cabins on deck ten and would take them again in a heartbeat.

Hey Robyn, glad that my photos could help. I loved this area and the steel structure did not bother me at all. I have had both of the JS cabins on deck ten and would take them again in a heartbeat.

Cruisingator! Thanks for the amazing pics of 1694 :)

Have a wonderful cruise on the Jewel - are you aft this time?? We just had 1100 on the Radiance and LOVED it!

Archived