Last minute question

judy&steve

Leaving Saturday on QM2 W. Caribbean cruise. On past cruises (non-Cunard; in Puerto Rico) the cruise line has offered luggage check-in service at the port upon debarkation. Do you know if Cunard offers such a service? If it makes a difference, we are flying AirTran and leaving from Ft. Lauderdale.

Thanks -- and Happy Thanksgiving.

Judy & Steve

We drove to the port for QM2 so I can't help you with that, you should probably call Cunard since you are leaving on Saturday. It would probably depend on if you bought the Cunard air and transfers I suppose.

Next July we are going to use their White Star luggage transfer where they pick up your luggage at home the week before and deliver it to your cabin.

Have a great cruise and don't forget to sign the Cruise Critic book at the desk of the Librarian.

Some of the major airlines will offer this service at various ports (not so much a function of Cunard but the airlines involved).

Since I would not call AirTran a major airline with expansive customer service (when compared to DL or UA or AA) I kinda doubt this service will be available for FLL.

The FLL airport is under a 10 minute taxi ride away from the cruise terminal . by cab. Not sure what checkin would be like at the airport given that AirTran does not have premium lines etc..

Think it wise to call the air carrier involved and see what they suggest. Tho kinda doubt it. AA or DL may offer such a service tho I do not recall seeing it in FLL last time I was thru there... may have been added in the past 12 months.

Thanks. I figured that Air Tran isn't a big enough player to take part in this service. We did not purchase air from Cunard. We usually cruise much later in the winter when weather is an issue and use the cruise's air package.

We looked into the White Star luggage service. It would be cheaper to buy a full fare air ticket for our bags;)

--Judy

We looked into the White Star luggage service. It would be cheaper to buy a full fare air ticket for our bags;)

--Judy

True, because it is $130. as I recall, but due to infirmities will be worth it for us. :D :D

We glanced at it once as well - it was so expensive you would need a very good reason to use it (like infirmity).

Archived