Rhapsody-aft cabins, balcony size?

I am looking at booking Rhapsody of the Seas. We are in the process of choosing our cabin. We are looking at the balcony cabins. On the deck plans the balconies on the aft cabins, deck 7 look really huge. I called RCI and they said that they are only listed as standard size. The vacation planner I spoke to said he "heard" that they were bigger but wasn't sure. Does anyone here know if they are actually as big as they look on the deck plan? Thanks for any help you can give me.

Grayce,

If you are talking about the cabins that "face" the aft, then yes, the balconies are much larger than those on the side. Just like on the side, they are the width of the cabin, but they are about 15-18 feet deep. Those on the side are only about 6 feet at best. While we were not on the aft on the Rhapsody, we have been on Grandeur, Legend, Splendour and Enchanment and they are all essentially the same. We had the two regular deck chairs plus two chaise lounges and a small table with room to spare.

They are so nice that we will modify our plans and change dates to get an aft balcony. Go for it!

Bob

Grayce,
There was actually a pretty good thread going a couple of days ago about this topic. Its linked below.

[url="http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=54178"]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=54178[/url]

There are a lot of photos linked there particularly of the corner balconies which are HUGE and wraparound to the side. Hope this helps!

Archived