Looking for Feedback on Freedom H2O Zone

jrm9999

Can anyone who has been on Freedom with smaller kids let me know how the H2O zone was? We are looking at booking a new cruise and wanted to know if the H2O zone was anything significant for smaller 3-5 year old kids.

Thanks in advance.

I have been on Freedom, and I have a 7 year old daughter who we did NOT bring, but I can give you my take on the H20 Zone. It was AWESOME!!!! What a fun area....I was feeling VERY guilty that I didn't bring my daughter on that cruise, let me say that. It was soooo cool, with all different water things going on and places to swim and play. A child between 3 and 5 will have a blast there for sure!!!! :)

Well I don't have kids, (but I was one once, a loooong time ago). I sat and watched the kids play in it last week and it looked terrific. The kids were having a blast.

There were an awful lot of parents out there that looked like they were having fun as well.

I was on in mid-Oct with my 5 and 9 year old grandkids. they both loved it. If your kids don't mind splashing, buckets of water falling on their heads they will love it. They do not allow diapers/swim diapers in the H2O zone for health reasons. The youngest one will have to stay in certian areas because one of the pools may be a little deep for him/her. My youngest granddaughter did not like the bucket dropping water at all. she like the water curtain and the hot tubs.

Just got off the 11/12 sailing and can tell you without hesitation that H2O Zone is a big big hit with kids. We took our 4 and 7yo and they absolutely loved it. It was so good that there were NO kids in the other pool areas. Overall, the FOS was the best family oriented ship I've seen. It was so good for kids that if we sail with our kids again, it would be on a Freedom-class ship.

I have a 3 year old boy who now goes by the name Water Bug after the FOS cruise. When I saw the H2O zone (zone henceforth) design unveiled I immediately told my wife that we were going to book a sailing.

My son's ability to swim increased 4 fold while on the ship. Most of the afternoon's were spent in the zone; he especially loved the small water canons (We practiced our ability to share with others as well as his aim.), water buckets that fill and then empty every minute or so, the fountains that shoot water from the floor and something we didn't expect...not sure what RCI calls it but it is a small circular pool where water rotates around a circle. With the current, my son learned to swim about 15 feet on his own hence some other cruisers coined his cruise nickname, "Water Bug."

Our interest is enjoying family time (I work too many hours when I'm not vacationing.) and that is what we did. Also, the Adventure Ocean club was excellent so Mom and Dad enjoyed private time while our son was in the club.

This enhancement coupled with the flow rider to big ship cruising is nothing short of genius.

I cannot say that it is the only ship that I enjoy sailing on, it is akin to saying that I only will drive an SUV, because each ship has its own "offer(s)."

Enjoy!

Archived