FYI Carnival Credit

MonkeySea

FYI,

The entertainment passbook has a coupon for $100 off each room you book on a 7 day cruise, or $50 off 4 and 5 day cruisesI called carnival and told them I had the coupon and asked if I could get the discount even though the cruise was already booked. (I didn't have a coupon, white lie) They told me to just mail it into carnival. Then, I went on Ebay and purchased the coupons for $2.50. When I got them, I mailed them into carnival and I had $200 credited to my credit card on Tuesday for the 2 rooms I have booked. You can look for them on ebay, just type in carnival coupon.

I would call first before you spent money on a coupon that really isnt good.

So far to date-- any cruise I have taken was already discounted and the coupons you find on ebay are not combinable with other discounts.

Here are the details on the back of the coupon. It is good if you were like me and did not get a discount because the rates went up, not down. Like I said, I did call and tell them that I had the coupons before I actually purchased them and they told me that they would apply to my cruise. Just thought I would let anyone interested know that it worked for me. It doesn't hurt to call carnival!

Save up to $100 per stateroom

Applies to new individual bookings only. Limit one certificate per stateroom.

Offer is capacity controlled and space may be limited on certain cruises. Certain restrictions apply. Specific cruises may be excluded at any time. Christmas and New Year's cruises will not be available.

Applies to purchases at the available rates for stateroom catagories 6A through 12 (excluding 6E and 9A).

Offer is combinable with Carnival's Super Saver program.

Offer is not combinable with any other discount, promotional offer or groups.

Savings for single occupancy bookings is $50 for 7 day cruises and $25 for 3, 4 and 5 day cruises.

Only original certificates will be accepted. Reproductions will not be accepted.

Certificate savings amount is expressed in U.S. dollars.

Certificate must be submitted with deposit payment. Savings amount may not be deducted from deposit amount.

Ships registered: Panama and the Bahamas.

Applies to new individual bookings only.

Offer is combinable with Carnival's Super Saver program. .

This tells me you are not a past cruiser.. some sailings are discounted for a past cruiser.. A past guest discount can not be combined with the super saver rate. Also military rate- (if you are a vetern that rate would be way cheaper then what any price you could imagine)

senior rate. resident rate.. these are all discounts that can not be taken if you use that coupon.

How long ago did you book the cruise compared to sending in a coupon?

the coupon surely stated that it must be sent in with deposit.

Keep watching the prices on carnival web site. call the agent if the price comes down and see what they can offer you....every little bit helps.

No, I am not a past cruiser. I am a first time cruiser. I booked this cruise in July and paid my deposit. I paid the cruise in full in August. I mailed the coupon 2 weeks ago around November 2.

The coupon did say that it had to be submitted at the time of deposit. It also said somewhere on there that it had to be booked with a TA. I didn't mail it with the deposit and I booked directly through Carnival. Carnival still honored it. No Questions Asked.

It doesn't say if it is or isn't combinable with a past guest rate. The only thing it does say is that it IS combinable with the super saver rate. So, I have no idea if it would apply or not if you receive a past guest rate!

Like I said before, it never hurts to call carnival and see if the coupon would apply to your cruise!

Archived