Questions about pre-sail weddings

I am going to be married on the Conquest November 7. I have been on several other Carnival cruises, but this is a new experience for me. Are bridal parties allowed to board any earlier than other pax? What time should we plan to arrive at the pier? Is there a particular place to check in when we get there so that we can be introduced to the wedding coordinator? Any answers would be helpful

You and your wedding party, as well as all your registered guests, will be allowed to board before anybody else. Your wedding coordinator will tell you exactly where to meet once you arrive at the port. You and your guests will be checked in separately from all the other passengers, in a separate room. When we got married, we boarded in Miami. We had 52 family/friends sailing with us; they checked us all in and we all got to board early. Our guests were told they could go to the Lido deck to get something to eat while the bride and groom got ready. We were supposed to board at 10:30 with our wedding scheduled for 1:00 p.m., but the ship was late clearing customs so we didn't get on until around noon, so they pushed the wedding back about an hour. Don't worry; as your wedding date gets closer, they go over all the little details with you.

Archived