A couple of questions

JkEw

I'm sailing with two other friends (we have our own room) + My mom and Dad on Radiance of the seas Dec, 9th Eastern Caribbean.

I originally booked a balcony for myself and my friend but another friend decided to join the adventure in the last week so I've booked a Junior suite for us.

Three guys in a junior suite, will we have enough room? I've only stayed in a regular balcony cabin before.

Are there S-Video connections on the back of the T.V so I can hook up my iPod video?

Will we be able to get WIFI in our cabin? How fast are the upload/download speeds? Is the internet connection at sea reliable? I ask this because we will all need to check in at work at some point during the cruise, unfortunately.

Also, just got my cruise documents and my luggage tags are for the old balcony room, is this a cause for concern? I have filled out the "Set Sail Pass" for all three of us so do I even need new luggage tags?

Sorry if these questions have been asked before....Thanks in advance, two weeks to go! :D

I'm sailing with two other friends (we have our own room) + My mom and Dad on Radiance of the seas Dec, 9th Eastern Caribbean.

I originally booked a balcony for myself and my friend but another friend decided to join the adventure in the last week so I've booked a Junior suite for us.

Three guys in a junior suite, will we have enough room? I've only stayed in a regular balcony cabin before.

Are there S-Video connections on the back of the T.V so I can hook up my iPod video?

Will we be able to get WIFI in our cabin? How fast are the upload/download speeds? Is the internet connection at sea reliable? I ask this because we will all need to check in at work at some point during the cruise, unfortunately.

Also, just got my cruise documents and my luggage tags are for the old balcony room, is this a cause for concern? I have filled out the "Set Sail Pass" for all three of us so do I even need new luggage tags?

Sorry if these questions have been asked before....Thanks in advance, two weeks to go! :D

First of all, I think you will fare well in a Junior Suite--the three of you. There will be the two standard beds plus a pull-out double bed from the sofa in the stateroom; there will be a large drape that can be drawn between the beds and the sofa mid-room to separate the beds from the sofa, if that helps. The bathroom is a good size, with a bathtub and more cabinet space than you had in the regular balcony stateroom....ditto for all of the closet and drawer space.

There is no WIFI in the stateroom; I was last on the Radiance in March of 2006. We had the in-stateroom continuous internet service, which really is just a dial-up service, BUT it is always there for you, slow as it is. My Brian is Mr. High-Tech, but we always opt for the in-room and sacrifice speed for the always-there availability of the in-room package. As for reliability, it is there for us almost 100%. Occasionally, coming into and out of ports, there may me a brief disconnection, so downloading or uploading may get interrupted, but not enough to worry about for most needs. Our GPS tracking onto our records and maps that we do does not seem to suffer much.

As for the connections on the back of the television, I am going to guess that there is nothing there for you for your IPod. The TVs are a few years old, and I am thinking that they are not up to speed in that regard. Brian is travelling out of town now, so I cannot ask him, but I think that you will not find what you seek in that regard.

The luggage tag situation should be no problem; often we book at the last minute and have zero luggage tags when we get to the pier. We tell them where we are staying, and the longshoremen give us what we need when we see them. Our luggage has always been taken great care of.

Hopefully more fellow CC-ers will chime in with their opinions.

Bon Voyage----you will love the Radiance!

Leslie

JMO.........I don't think there is enough room in a jr. suite for 3 guys......it will be a tight fit..........but still a better choice than what you originally had. If you can get a Grand Suite and afford the cost.......go that route.........the bathroom is almost twice as large and will have double sinks. Good luck

1) All internet connections whether hard wire in the cabin or wi-fi is at dial uo type speeds. Be advised internet service is not free, whether in cabin, internet cafe or wi-fi.

2) Something you should be aware of and may not know. You can each put up your own credit card for your individual ship board accounts. It is a good idea to do this since trying to split the bill after the fact can be a pain when you try to figure what each person purchased. Also, be aware that cabin mini-bar and room service purchases can not be individually charged. Such purchases will be charged to the ship board account of the first person's name on the cabin list.

3) The luggage tags are only a problem if you use they ones for the balcony cabin. As suggested get new ones at the pier.

I've read on this board that you can just use a sharpie and write your new cabin # on your current tag. You can get new ones at the pier, if you do e-docs you don't have tags anyway. I won't do e-docs anymore, until forced to, because it was so rushed whenever we got off the aprking shuttle and the valet was waiting--time is money for them--and while he was gracious, one could tell that he was not overly happy about having to wait for us to put tags on 6 bags . AND who had a pen dark enough to do that!!!:(

My sister, bil & I stayed very comfortably in a JS. I got the sofa bed and was very pleased and surprised how comfy that bed was. does not feel like a typical sofa bed. NOW, we did have to put the bed back to a sofa to be able to walk to the balcony, but that was not a problem. This was on the Rhapsody & I am not familiar w/ radiance class & what the size difference may be. the 3 of us are staying in a balcony on the voyager, just didn't want to spend the difference for a js. as my sis would say---that is ALOT of drinks--hahaha. plus we are not in there that much.

have fun!!

Thanks for the responses :) I'm a little worried now about the room size, looks like their all sold out of the suites on this cruise according to the website.What is the price of a Grand suite for an 8 night cruise?

:)

Thanks for the responses :) I'm a little worried now about the room size, looks like their all sold out of the suites on this cruise according to the website.What is the price of a Grand suite for an 8 night cruise?

:)

The JS is *plenty* big for three guys. No worries. The GS is going to be a HUGE increase in price; forget it.

I have done E category (179 sq.ft.) with my two full-sized offspring several times. We have been JUST FINE.

On the Radiance, the JS is listed as 293 sq.ft, as rjg41 said.

PLENTY of room.

Stay put, and have a great cruise!

Archived