Liberty vs. Freedom Questions & Price

gooselover

I am assuming that Liberty will be a duplicate of her sister ship, Freedom...is this correct?

Also, in noticing pricing for both ships, Liberty is always about $100 cheaper than Freedom...thus the question on are they going to be exact duplicates of each other????? Also, their itineraries are exactly the same, port is the same, but opposite schedules of the weeks. Any ideas on why the price difference if they are, indeed, identifical "twins"?

Thanks for your responses!!

I am assuming that Liberty will be a duplicate of her sister ship, Freedom...is this correct?

Also, in noticing pricing for both ships, Liberty is always about $100 cheaper than Freedom...thus the question on are they going to be exact duplicates of each other????? Also, their itineraries are exactly the same, port is the same, but opposite schedules of the weeks.

You got it. They are sisters and will be identical. Enjoy!

Also, in noticing pricing for both ships, Liberty is always about $100 cheaper than Freedom...thus the question on are they going to be exact duplicates of each other????? Also, their itineraries are exactly the same, port is the same, but opposite schedules of the weeks. Any ideas on why the price difference if they are, indeed, identifical "twins"?

There was another thread on this subject. I'll see if I can find it. However, the itineraries are not the same. For the western Caribbean the Freedom goes to Ocho Rios while Liberty goes to Mo Bay. On the eastern itineraries the Freedom goes to St. Thomas while the Liberty goes to Labadee.

The ports are a little different. Freedom does San Juan, St Thomas and St Martin for the Eastern, Labadee, Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman and Cozumel for the Western. Liberty does San Juan, St Thomas and Labadee for Eastern and Labadee, Montego Bay, Grand Cayman and Cozumel for Western. I'll probably go just for the ship because the Eastern and Western are getting pretty boring. I also noticed the price difference. Doesn't make sense to me.

I'm wondering if the price of Liberty won't increase as time goes on. Here's another guess about why the price on Liberty is $100 cheaper on the Eastern Caribbean cruise. There are fewer port calls than Freedom has and one of those port calls in Labadee. The port fees that RCI pays for that stop may be cheaper than what is paid to ports such as St Thomas and St Martin.

We sailed on Freedom of the Seas last June and Hubby liked it so much we have signed up for Liberty's Eastern Caribbean itinerary. I hope Liberty will be as popular as Freedom has been. I was kind of hoping there would be some little change and that the two ships would not be exactly identical.

Anybody know yet what the third "sister" of Liberty and Freedom will be called? I really don't like Justice of the Seas because it sounds like a floating maritime courthouse.

Here's another guess about why the price on Liberty is $100 cheaper on the Eastern Caribbean cruise. There are fewer port calls than Freedom has and one of those port calls in Labadee.

The Liberty visits San Juan, St. Martin & Labadee and spends 3 1/2 days at sea. The Freedom visits San Juan, St. Thomas and St. Martin and spends 3 1/2 days at sea.

Why do believe the Liberty is visiting less ports?

Archived