Cozumel Excursion Questions

KrusinKay

Hello Cruise Critticers,

I posted this question on the ports forum but haven't received much feedback yet. I thought I might have better luck here.

We are leaving on the Elation one week from today (YIPPEE!) I am having trouble deciding on what excursion we'll do in Cozumel. My daughter really, really wants to do the dolphin swim. My boys would rather go to Paradise Beach and play on the trampoline and other water toys. Being budget minded like I am, that would be my choice too. But I want my daughter to be able to do the dolphin swim too. Would it be feasible to think that I could take my daughter to Chankanab, do the dolphin swim and then take a taxi to Paradise Island to meet back up with DH and boys? And have time to play there?

Another question, since I have not made reservations for any of this, is it too late to book with Dolphin Discovery or Shore Trips? If so, I guess we could always try to book it through the ships excursions once onboard. Now a question about that...I called to Carnival to get a price for this excursion. The only price she gave was $170, that price, I assume would be for the Royal Swim. Does Carnival offer different options with the dolphin excursion? Or a child price? And do they stick to the age requirements of 8 and older?

Sorry for so many questions but I know that this is the place to get answers! Thanks in advance!

We did the dolphin swim in Cozumel last year and booked it through them about 6 months in advance. I would try it right away and see if there is a spot available, but you will probably have to book it as soon as you board the ship.

As far as doing both, you could if you got the first swim time and then left right after and headed to Paradise Beach. We did our swim in the afternoon and did a snorkel trip in the morning and had plenty of time to do both as well as relax at Chaukanaab for an hour before the swim and do a little shopping.

We are going on the Elation next month and plan on spending the whole day just relaxing at Paradise Beach.

Julie

We tried to do the Submarine tour and Paradise beach - we got the first sub out and rented a Jeep & drove straight to the beach. I just didn't feel like we had enough time to enjoy Paradise (both were great though) and we felt rushed. Do yourself a favor and pick one.

Not sure if Elation offers this excursion from Cozumel but you may want to look into XCARET. What a wonderful excursion: underground rivers and beautiful beaches ~A very unique experience ~ Something not to be missed.

It is on the mainland, you need to take a ferry from Cozumel. If you do decide to take this excursion I would highly recommend taking the ships excursion. The last thing you need to worry about would be a late ferry from the mainland and then missing the Elation in Cozumel.

You don't mention how old your sons are. My three daughters (15,12,10) did the Royal Swim and LOVED IT. I was able to sit on the dock right above them and watch (don't like to swim) I HAD to by the video ($49) but so worth the money. They do a very good job and freeze frame and slow motion at the best times and really get up close and get great expressions. The dolphins lifted my youngest way out of the water it was GREAT.

Also if you book through insider you have a better chance of getting a spot and it is a little cheaper to book on your own vs. through Carnival. Taxi is $10 and takes about 15 mins. You should contact Sherri at insider you may be able to snag a spot for one if your sons don't want to go. And yes you can grab a cab and catch up with DH as paradise beach.

You could do both. Let the boys do the beach, and you and your daughter do the dolphins. The park has a beach with beach activities, and other things to do. You can book through Discover Cove directly for those wanting to swim. Those not swimming will just have to do park admission. We are thinking of going back just to stay there. Fly down for a long weekend.

My kids (9 and 13 say the dophins was their favorite thing)

Good luck

Cathy

Archived