Which SS on Westerdam?

Iamthesea

8038, 8040, 8042, 8094,8095 or 8097? Are these in a bad location? There is also an offer of an SY guarantee for the same price. Are the SY located in a better area than an SS?

Do you sleep in late?* Are you extremely sensitive to the tiniest noises that might "ruin" your cruise? *Do you require a tomb-like silence?* Then 8038, 8040 and 8042 may not be for you as they are below the midship lido where you might hear chairs scraping on the deck above.* Also, 8095 and 8097 are near the crew elevator, so you might hear the breakfast carts in the mornings, so they may not be any good either.

Are you afraid of what other people may see you doing out on your verandah?

(If so, what are you planning on doing on your verandah?)**Then 8094 may not be for you.

SY's are on Deck 6, so if you can't walk too much, they may be too far down in the ship to get to the Lido easily...

...but then again, Deck 8 might be too high up for the Dining Room & Bingo - and if you're afraid of heights, well then you should try for a lower deck...

;)

I was in SS 8043 on the Westerdam last year. While the cabin is, indeed, below the Lido Deck, we didn't hear much in the way of noise from above. During the two weeks we were aboard we must have noticed noises from above on 2 or 3 occasions. I DO remember, once, something falling over and rolling. We were in high seas, running from Hurricane Beta and slamming hard, and something came BIG and round came loose. I still don't know what.

For pictures from this cruise (including of SS 8043), click HERE.

Just got off the Westerdam last Sun. in 8040. The noise from furniture moving was awful, especially when they set up and tore down the Chocolate Buffet. Book further aft if you can. Other then that a great cruise except for heavy smokers on either side of our veranda.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Doesn't look like we can win! :(

Noise up on deck - in the morning doesn't bother us, although I would not enjoy hearing the breakfast carts going in and out of the service elevators.

We do like a private balcony (not for anything but reading and having a drink, though,) so thanks for that tidbit.

I guess the SY would be too far for my parents since they cannot walk long distances.

Do any of the above connect to each other? That's something we DO NOT like!

Rev - Thanks so much for the pictures. 8042 might be the way to go for us and 8040 for my parents (they can't hear a thing)! :D

Archived