QM2 Dining Room Upper Level

fvernet

Hi Everyone,

I just requested to have Upper Level DR Seating for my family thinking, for whatever reason, that it would be more pleasant than having the 2nd & 3rd Deck ceilings over my head. Is this assumption correct? And if so, is there a particular location that is preferable, e.g. near the edge, near the windows, etc...?

Thanks in advance.

Frank

Hi fvernet

In the evenings I dined on the upper level (deck 3). When I had breakfast in the Britannia I was seated on the lower level (deck 2). Nice to get a different viewpoint, if you dine always on the lower level you never get the feeling of a refreshing change.

Remember she is over 130 feet wide. On the lower level you are very aware of this huge flat expanse of deck reaching out away from you in all directions. It can feel like a vast, endless dining room.

On the upper deck there are different height platforms that break this up into 3 levels, giving a more comfortable feel. Each of these levels are two tables wide, giving a more intimate feel.

From the upper level you can look down into the well below you and watch those beneath you having dinner.

If you like the atmosphere of the pub (the Golden Lion) on deck 2 for a pre dinner drink you are handy for the lower level of the dining room. If you prefer the elegance found in the Chart Room Bar on deck 3 it's but a short walk to your table on the same deck.

I was very happy on the upper level. My waiters were beyond praise, my order arrived quickly and hot (when it should be hot!). I wouldn't choose to dine down below.

Hope this helps.

I agree with Pepper. I dined on the uppermost level of the dining room near a window and we absolutely loved it. We had a fantastic view when departing from port (Mediterranean cruise) and found it much quieter. I noticed when I had breakfast and lunch on the lower level - deck 2 how much noisier it was.

It was also very easy to scoot into the dining room through the rear doors near the Queen's Room.

Archived