I'm Just A Girl Who Cain't Say "No"

RuthC

John--

You don't know your musicals. (which isn't surprising...;))

This line's from "Calamity Jane"

What do ya mean by that Willis?;)

I do like Ohio with that song about the slurry

Thanks for the enlightening part, btw, are you trying to say that Ruth resembles Calamity Jane?

OK, John.....Ohio song about slurry? Maybe 'Hang on Sloopy' in honor of our #1 ranked Buckeyes? GO BUCKS!!!!

Of course that other state that starts with an O has a song about a SURREY With The Fringe On Top.

1000 appologies to the states of Ohio and Oklahoma;) (Hang on Snoopy and the Red Baron is a great song also;))

Go Buckeyes! Hope they beat the #&@# out of the University of Spoiled Children in the BCS title game!

Oh Dam...

I must have missed that day of "Gay 101"

...someone take my card away.

OK, now I get it!:eek:

Jane and Richard,

I will miss you BOTH very much. I so wish you were sailing with us again. I could try to twist your arm(as I do to Ruth) but it would not be so easy with you two. Ruth is SUCH an easy twist of the arm when it comes to joining me on a cruise. I KNEW she would not be able to resist. Chocolate and cruises are Ruth's addictions!!!!!!!!!!:p

I'm no match for RuthC when it comes to obscure song titles and lyrics, but I'm pretty good at Oldies but Goodies. Hope she won't mind me jumping in on that one.

:confused: Don't really consider that an "obscure" song, but I don't at all mind you jumping in. Jane.

(er, who's Cyndi Lauper?)

Ruth is SUCH an easy twist of the arm when it comes to joining me on a cruise. I KNEW she would not be able to resist. Chocolate and cruises are Ruth's addictions!!!!!!!!!!:p

Hey! Watch who you're calling "easy"! :D

Thanks, everyone, for the good wishes. There are so many of you I wish were coming along.

I thought it was "I am a gal who can't say no"?????

The actual title of this wonderful song from Rogers & Hammerstein's "Oklahoma" is "I Cain't Say No".

The first verse for anyone who might not know it :) ....

"I'm just a girl who cain't say no

I'm in a terrible fix

I always say come on let's go

Jist when I orta say nix"

So no surprise ... Ruth had it right!:D

Cyndi Lauper is actually a very talented singer and actress. I saw her last year in Three Penny Opera and she was terrific. Jim Dale was also spectacular in the show.

By the way- you don't have to be gay to love Broadway musicals. My husband loves them as much as I do. It is one of the things that I love best about him. Anyway the two of us challenge you all to a Broadway trivia contest if there is one on this cruise.

See you all in the Piano Bar.

Barbara

Cyndi Lauper is actually a very talented singer and actress. I saw her last year in Three Penny Opera and she was terrific. Jim Dale was also spectacular in the show

I'm sure she is (lost track of her to be honest with you) I just remember her from her early days and a music video in which her "dad" was played by a short stubby guy from the WWF - And who's Jim Dale?

925277082_CyndiLauper.jpg.f25ac404dcd28d5cee40301935fd212e.jpg

Well, congratulations, My Fair Lady. You are one lucky Damn Yankee. I feel like a Fiddler on the Roof, because I must Face the Music, Man and will not be able to go. The Queen (King) and I must save our money for our upcoming cruise the South Pacific.:D

Congratulations, Ruth!

I cant help but feel a tad bit sad that DH and I will be on the sailing 2 before yours...Had we only waited until January...but we couldn't because of school. I'm sooooo jealous that all of my favorite people will be sailing just after us.

You are going to have a BLAST!

Ruth, and all the rest of you lucky CCers taking this cruise, have a fantastic time! We're looking forward to our first Princess cruise on Jan. 20th. Take lots of pictures and I hope to read all about it on this board.:)

Ruth, this one may not be obscure, but some of the lulus you shared with us in the piano bar still have me shaking my head. Where did a busy working gal find time to dredge up or hear some of those? You must have been memorizing lyrics before you could walk or talk.

The Jim Dale I'm thinking of is a British actor who narrated/read the Harry Potter books on tape.

Gads,

I'm old enough to remember Jim Dale when he was quite the heartthrob in Britain. He actually started out, if I remember correctly, as a pop singer but did indeed develop into quite an accomplished actor.

Valerie:D

Ruth, this one may not be obscure, but some of the lulus you shared with us in the piano bar still have me shaking my head. Where did a busy working gal find time to dredge up or hear some of those? You must have been memorizing lyrics before you could walk or talk.

I think I was, Jane! I grew up around the piano as my mother played---and she was no spring chicken. That was our nightly family entertainment long before we got a TV, and even after.

And before the TV came the radio was on all day, every day.

Say, barbels, want to form a Name That Tune Team? I'm kind of weak on show tunes but very strong from 1950 back to about 1910, so we might make a good complement for each other.

Archived