Fans Of Rccl

whit53

I found a pretty good rate on the Jewel of the Seas for 11-11-07, as a single cruiser the rate for a balcony is about 190% instead of the usual 200%. There is also a coupon on the RCCL boards for this sailing if booked by 11-30-06. So for a balcony cabin for 1 with the coupon the rate is $1219, that is also with the discount of being a Plat. C&A member.I did not think that was too bad at all.

Jan

I found a pretty good rate on the Jewel of the Seas for 11-11-07, as a single cruiser the rate for a balcony is about 190% instead of the usual 200%. There is also a coupon on the RCCL boards for this sailing if booked by 11-30-06. So for a balcony cabin for 1 with the coupon the rate is $1219, that is also with the discount of being a Plat. C&A member.I did not think that was too bad at all.

Jan

Jan,

There is also a good price on the Oct 14 sailing of the Mariner and I believe there is a coupon for it as well. I am trying to decide on this vs. The Liberty in Sept. I would like to go on the Liberty but the single rate is high and really the ports aren't that good. So I will be thinking this over but currently have the Liberty booked because I booked it onboard the Enchantment.

The rate is for a 6 day on the Jewel of the Seas, in a balcony cabin. I didn't think that was a bad rate for a single rate. The sailing is 11-11-07.

Patty in pa, I know it does sound high, but RCCL rates have been a bit higher. And yes, I do have to purchase air from Chicago.

snowbird1, if you get a chance to go on the Liberty go for it!!! I was on the Freedom 10-15 and I just had the best time. It was the best cruise I have ever taken in my life.

I am trying to decide between this cruise and the CC group cruise on the Carnival Liberty in Oct. 2007. Since I went on the Freedom with a CC group and it was so fantastic, the Carnival sailing is very appealing to me. I love the RCCL ships but since I will be going solo I would like to be part of a group. Such decisions!

Jan

Jan,

Yes I had some friends (Michelle & Melynne) on that Freedom sailing and it appears everyone had a great time but I bet you a lot of the fun was the group that added so much. There were a few who mentioned the food was good but not great but I think that goes for RCCL as a whole these days (sadly). Were you on the Grandeur sailing with us last Nov, must have been another Jan? To be honest I am not sure the extra $$ is worth it especially since I really like smaller ships believe it or not. Actually I have never been on one of the Voyager class ships yet so even that will be large if I were to go on the Mariner. I don't know yet but there will be plenty of time to go on a Freedom class ship and the prices will fall. Having a roommate makes a big difference in the cost and I forgot to mention I am doing a Baltic cruise in June which is expensive even with a roommate. So basically it is still in the air. Best of luck on your Jewel cruise, I hear it is nice and some say that is their favorite class of RCCL ships. Having a balcony as a single must be really nice.

• 5 months later...

I enjoyed both of my RCI cruises, and looked at RCI and Carnival for my October cruise. My total fare (before taxes, etc.) for Triumph was only $534 so Carnival won out for my first solo cruise. I won't hesitate to consider an RCI cruise in the future, though -- I've had fun on both lines.

Archived