Question

wallygator

I'm afraid so. I believe it's $15 a day pp or $60 pp for a weeklong cruise. It's also possible that the fee has gone up slightly more recently. If you purchase a spa treatment, the fee is waived. Finally, the fee is not just for the pool; it covers all of the spa's facilities.

Do a search if you want a more extensive discussion concerning this fee. It has been discussed at length over the past month or two.

I had some friends who just returned from a Dawn cruise. Is it true they now charge per day for the aft indoor pool by the spa?? Say its not so!!

It is true - they don't charge for the pool per say but for access to all the spa facilities. As usual it was the abuse by us that created the change using a relaxed spa area as an indoor pool party area.

It is true - they don't charge for the pool per say but for access to all the spa facilities. As usual it was the abuse by us that created the change using a relaxed spa area as an indoor pool party area.

Mr. Shore that warm spot inside while leaving NYC. As you know I wanted no pool just wanted just a comfort spot. I have cruised NCL many times but hope this is not a sign of penny pinching:)

Here is a link to one of the many threads about spa pool passes:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=438757

It is meant as a crowd control to have the area be a calm and relaxing area. On the Star, it was limited to 40 couples per day. I think this would be the case for the other ships as well.

We sailed the Dawn without the fee vs. sailing on the Star with the fee. The difference was like night and day. It was a much more inviting area on the Star with the limited number of people that could use the facilities. On the Dawn, it was loud and crowded. On the Star, we could always find 2 chairs to lounge on and it was quiet enough to hear the music being played.

It was well worth the money to pay for using the facilities under those conditions.

I had some friends who just returned from a Dawn cruise. Is it true they now charge per day for the aft indoor pool by the spa?? Say its not so!!

Afraid so, $15 a day. I happened to be in the spa for treatments a few times and let me tell you on a sea day it is probably worth it to pay the $15. When it is too cold to swim in the pool I would definitely do it!

By the way, there were some recent postings asking that posters reduce the size of their signature. Ideas like removing extra line spacing, removing clip art that no longer works, etc.

Meanwhile, to the original poster, there have been quite a few threads in the past few weeks about the Spa Pool. Scroll through the postings or do a search and you will find this discussed at length.

I knew the "Hall Monitor" wouldn't let us down.

PE

A bad day at sea is better than a good day at work.

NCL Norway 10/89, 10/94, 11/95, 11/97, 4/00 & 4/01

RCI Viking Serenade 1/97

RCI Majesty of the Seas 10/97

NCL Wind 10/98 & 10/99

NCL Sea 11/00

Celeb Summit 11/01

Celeb Millennium 3/02

NCL Sun 11/02, 3/04 & 11/04

Carnival Pride 5/03

RCI Radiance 11/03

NCL SKY 1/04

NCL Spirit 4/05

NCL Jewel 11/05 & 11/06

NCL Crown 5/06

RCI Empress of the Sea 4/20/07

after that NCL Dawn Repo 10/28/07

:) ;)

Wally - I'm sorry in advance for correcting grammar here, but I'm an English teacher and I couldn't help it. You need to change the YOUR in your signature to YOU'RE (as in YOU ARE).

Thanks for the correction:) I went to school in New Jersey. I don't think my English teachers ever pointed that out to their student's.

Thanks again :)

So' date=' when are you going to correct it young man????:rolleyes:

Or are you contemplating reducing the size of your signature file??:cool:

PE[/quote']

No time soon:) :rolleyes:

It seems some people just love to be antagonistic.

Why is it so difficult to put the real question in the subject line? There is not extra charge for being descriptive.

I have been on more than a few cruises/vacations. And I like to listen. Seems to me that some people tend to stretch the truth.

I sometimes think this venue is a mutual admiration society. I hope not.

To the many that offer good soild thoughts/information. Thank you.

It seems some people just love to be antagonistic.

Why is it so difficult to put the real question in the subject line? There is not extra charge for being descriptive.

And....why do some people feel the need to always reprimand people for not using the boards "correctly"???

No, there is no charge for being decriptive, as there is no charge for saying the same thing in about half of ones total post count.:rolleyes:

PE<---is not being antagonistic, just pointing out annoyances...:cool:

Archived