Need Radiance Class Cabin Help, Please

ladylawyer

Hi, it's me again ... obsessing over our cabin on our Med cruise on the Brilliance. :o We're in an E1. We currently have 9018, but I have a courtesy hold on 7160. Looking at the deck plans, it appears that the balconies on Deck 7 are larger than the balconies on Deck 9, for the E1s, although the cabin, itself, doesn't appear to be a different size from those on Deck 9.

Has anyone stayed in an E1 on Deck 7? If so, was your balcony deeper? If it was deeper, was there a difference in the size of your room? Also, in looking at a photo that a fellow CC'er posted in my last thread (on Cabin 9032), it appears that the partition is clear for the extension. Was there a privacy issue (i.e., could you easily see into your next-door neighbor's cabin and vice versa)?

You all have been so helpful to me. Thanks again! :D ~ LL

Hi, this is actually Tyrkitty - I was the one who posted the picture and am at my daughter's house right now. As far as I understand all the E1 cabins are the same size - the balconies on deck 7 are larger - the extended part has no divider, but the part right outside of the room does. If you are standing out on the outer part you could be right next to your neighbor talking. The only problem with 7160 is that the balconies at the aft part of the ship also have the life boat canopy extending out beyond the balcony and I understand sometimes crew members are walking on them - (privacy issue) you also can't look straight down at the water. Ther forward E1's on deck 7 do not have this issue as you can see in the other picture. I have a picture of the aft cabins, but unfortunately will not be home for a week. I don't think I would like the aft cabins. Is there one forward you can get? Hope this is not too confusing. In other words at the end of your balcony there would be a white platform extending out probably at least 8-10 feet.

Hi Tyrkitty! I stepped outside my comfort level ( ;) ) and went hunting for cabin pix, last night. I found a couple of great pix on Webshots. I have to agree that the aft balconies on Deck 7, while larger than a standard E1 balcony, are suboptimal because of the canopy. Unfortunately, there are no forward balconies on Deck 7, so we're staying in our forward balcony on Deck 9 ... unless a hump opens.

Thanks, again!!! Having been on the Radiance three times, you'd think I'd have a better command of the ship, by now. (Actually, I spent awhile, last night, zooming in on some of my own photos of the ship, too.)

Have a fun visit and a safe journey home! ~ Lorna

Archived