Pools in December?

FirstTimer628

My wife are booked on the Fantasy starting 12/11. We are very excited to be going. We are wondering if it will be too cold to swim in the pools on board. Are the pools heated maybe?

Also, what will the water be like in Cozumel this time of year? Warm enough to swim in? or cold?

Thanks.

It really depends on you, we were in Costa Maya last December and the ocean was plenty warm for us, and the pools were fine in the Carib...

If you are one that gets cold very easy and need heated pools, you might have trouble.

It really depends on you, we were in Costa Maya last December and the ocean was plenty warm for us, and the pools were fine in the Carib...

If you are one that gets cold very easy and need heated pools, you might have trouble.

Costa Maya in Febuary when I was there on the Miracle it was in the 90s. That had to be the warmest place I have ever been to in the winter. It was so hot I went in that pool they have in the middle of the shops there.

I get what you are saying but we live in new orleans and it was 33 degrees here last week, how will this affect the pools?

We have been on a few cruises early December to January, and I find the pools way too cold on the ship. I'm from New Orleans, and I guess I'm used to warmer swimming conditions. This week would probably be ideal for swimming on board, but there's a cold front coming through this weekend, just in time for OUR Fantasy cruise, so I don't anticipate any swimming on the ship. That's one reason we loved the Conquest with it's enclosed aft pool - I'm still sad that we lost that ship.

That being said - bring your swimsuits and enjoy the hot tubs!

The pools are filled with filtered sea water each morning. The water is circulated with sea water during the day and emptied at night for cleaning. This means the pools will about the same temperature as the water you are sailing through. The Gulf of Mexico is still quite warm now but on a ship moving more than 20 knots, the steady breeze on the Lido could make swimming feel cooler than it would seem in calm air. The ship will have fresh water spa's that are heated but only to body temperature. They usually draw a larger crowd than the pools.

The water in Cozumel is usually in the low 80's in December. I find this to be a very comfortable temperature but if you are used to swimming in the Gulf in August when it is over 90 you may find it cool. It will be some of the most beautiful water you have ever seen though so enjoy. If you are active in the water your body will adjust very quickly.

Rowan is right. It all depends on the weather. This weekend in Memphis it was mid 70's for the highs...2 days from now the high is suppose to be 42.

go figure!

The same thing happens in Cozumel. We have been there in January and we had a Norte blow through that brought cold weather and drizzle for the day.

We are headed out December 21st.

If things are "normal", I will expect the next morning of our cruise to be warm enough to swim. I will expect Cozumel to be warm enough to enjoy a day at Paradise Beach. I will expect the day at sea coming home to be warm enough to swim. Now whether Mother Nature cooperates with that or not is yet to be seen.

But like Rowan said...there are always the hot tubs!!!

Here is the next 10 days forecast in Cozumel.... http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/tenday/MXQR0074?from=search_10day

Have a great cruise!

Those Norte winds seem to stalk us. It was FREEZING last time we were in Costa Maya, we were literally sitting on the beach wrapped in our towels and shivering. On the next cruise we went to Paradise Beach in Cozumel, and the same thing happened - it was warm the day before, but really chilly the day we were there. I'm hoping for WARM weather next week at both ports!

Archived