help for 1st time cruisers out of miami

cruzobsessed

my friends are 1st time cruisers. they are on the explorer january 7th from miami. i've convinced them to arrive the day before so now they need a hotel.

they will take a car service from the airport but are looking for a place that:

a. has a shuttle to the port

b. offers breakfast

c. will accomodate 4 in a room

d. isn't wildly expensive

Hi there,

My husband and I are cruising out of Miami on Sunday, and we are flying in the night before -- we were looking for about the same thing. We ending up reserving a room at the Baymont Inn - they offer a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel, a free shuttle from the hotel to the cruiseport, and a continental breakfast. We are paying only $79 or something close. As for 4 in a room, I don't know for sure but that sounds reasonable. The hotel is plain, but it got good reviews from other travelers. Maybe this would work for them.

Thanks to another CC poster, I've just found out that the Baymont Inn I was referring to is now the La Quinta Inn Miami Airport East. EEEEK!! I guess I should call to confirm that my reservation is still valid and that they offer the same things that they did when they were Baymont. :eek:

Me again - I confirmed our reservation with La Quinta Inn Miami Airport East. They DO still offer free shuttles every 30 minutes from the 2nd floor of MIA, and free shuttles to the cruiseport, and free continental breakfast. Just wanted to let you know. Hope your friends have fun.

Archived