Dinner reservations (Dawn)

Pisti

As soon as we board on the 28th, I want to head for the reservation desk to make sure we get a reservation for two particular nights, celebrating a couple of events. Where exactly do I go when I board so I don't waste time trying to figure it out. First time on the Dawn. Also is the reservation desk open as soon as boarding begins? I know I sound anal but the two dates we want are really important to us and it's a sold out sailing.....Joan

Guest BeckyThane

Joan ~

I didn't notice if they had a desk set up in the atrium. As soon as we got to the room at 2 I phoned the reservations # and made our reservations. When I needed to make changes the next day, and the day after that, it was not a problem -- seemed like they didn't have much of a rush on reservations the first 2-3 days of the cruise. They had someone working a desk in the atrium our first two full days out. (Maybe after that, too -- didn't notice.)

It was very slow in Salsa the first night. Our waiter told us that toward the end of the week, though, people would be figuring out the system and they would be packed.

Hope this helps.

~ Becky

Thanks Becky. I would be more confident getting the reservations in person (cause I deny it but I really am anal!!).:D I take it then that If there is a desk set up it would be in the atrium which we pass through when we board. Right?

Thanks Becky. I would be more confident getting the reservations in person (cause I deny it but I really am anal!!).:D I take it then that If there is a desk set up it would be in the atrium which we pass through when we board. Right?

Yes, typically they set up a reservations desk right in the main atrium, which all passengers enter immediately upon embarkation. You can make your reservations there, or at the specific restaurant in person, or by calling on the phone from your cabin.

The restaurant reservation podium is usually directly across from the reception desk in the atrium.

If there is a long line, you can take a copy of the "daily" (they will be on the wall, facing you, as you walk past the reception desk - to the left of the excursion desk) which will list the extension number of each restaurant.

If it is too early to enter your cabin, just use a "house phone", there are many of them, to call each restaurant for your reservation.

Have a wonderful cruise:)

Archived