Cabin 10002 on Spirit - is it worth the money?

drjochen

I have reserved cabin 10002 (Honeymoon suite) on the Spirit sailing from NY on March 24th. Is it worth the money? Its seems to be below the bridge, so is there a lot of niose from above? Loud musing from the theater?

We sailed the Spirit for 14 days (9+5, back-to-back) in 2005. We were in Suite 10000, right smack in the middle. We had an excellent time though I didn't feel the suite made very good use of its square footage. The floor plans of the five front suites, however, are not all the same. Much too much space wasted in the long entrance hallway in 10000. We also found the balcony to be quite small and the water-tight door to get onto the balcony was a bit of a nuisance. On the plus side, the front-facing blacony was no where near as windy as one would expect. But all in all, we still had a great time in a very comfortable suite and with excellent butler, Arnie, and fantastic concierge, Claudio.

Claudio is on the Dawn now, I understand. Hear this please, Claudio. We need you on the Pearl next September 29th. Suite 10504! See you there:confused: ???

Noise from the bridge? Minimal -- not much more than the occasional foot steps passing by overhead. Noise from the theatre? None!:D

We were in 10002 last April. The biggest dissapointment was the balcony. It is extremely narrow although, this cabin does have a small side balcony. The cabin is very choppy with a large post/beam in the center of the living area. Unlike the other forward cabins there isn't much wasted space in the entrance because there is a small powder room in that area.

Personally, if I ever sailed on the Spirit again I would opt for a cat AC to save the money, but that's just a personal observation.

I am a spolied brat and was expecting something like the OS that we had on the Dawn. But, the decor and comfort of this cabin was much nicer that the Dawn.

No noise that I recall from above or below.

BTW I am showing at least 2 AC cabins available for your sailing but never the less, the Butler was very useful in getting anything that you might want as far as room service is concerned and the concierge will make specialty restaurant reservations. Aside from that, I can't really say that we used these services for anything else but that's just us and maybe others find them more useful for other things. Don't believe that there were any other perks that I can recall.

The cabin steward that we had for this cabin was the BEST ever.

Archived