posting pictures on cruise critic

chattiepatty

Does anyone know how to post my pictures from shutterfly to the cruise critic boards... have some alaska pics i would like to share and dont know how to put them on the board... anyone that knows how can email me at:Chattiepatty@aol.com... or post a reply.... thanks patty

I don't know how shutterfly works as I use webshots but I assume it is simular. You will need the url of the picture you wish to display. Shutterfly may provide this for you like webshots does, if not you can right click on the picture, select properties, highlight the url and copy it to the clipboard.

To display a picture you use the html tag

so it should look like this when you typr it in the reply box:

[ img ]http://www.shutterfly.com/xxxxxxxx/.xxx[ /img ]

(no spaces between brackets and img, I had to put them in to prevent the board from trying to display a picture)

If you select preview post you should see the picture displayed.

please post reply as I have pics on webshots having the same problem someone, anyone please help this poor lost soul in posting my pics!!! :p

Webshots won't allow you to link a full size photo directly. When you are looking at a picture in an album you will see a box on the right containing links for displaying in e-mail or on forum. all you need to do is highlight the one for forum and copy it into your reply. It has all the tags provided and will display as a thumbnail. The thumbnail can be clicked to enlarge from here.

Here is an example, my lobster on the Legend

497981004jVOjMI_th.jpg

here is the tag with the last bracket removed so you can see what the text looks like.

http://thumb5.webshots.net/t/55/155/8/10/4/497981004jVOjMI_th.jpg[/img[/url

I have all of my photos, about 4000 of them, in albums on my photo page on Yahoo. If I want to direct someone to a specific album, like the Zaandam Alaska cruise we were on in Sept, I just send myself an invitation to look at the page, and post the link to the album. Otherwise, I just tell people which album to look in, at the Yahoo or Webshots photo page that I have in my signature block. Usually works fine.

What I like best about Yahoo, is that they have unlimited albums up to 300 pics each, for FREE. I like the price. There are other sites where one can place pictures for a fee, with much better resolution, etc, but for casual viewing, Yahoo works OK for me. If I was selling pics, I'd want to use one of the pay sites.

Ken

Does anyone know how to post my pictures from shutterfly to the cruise critic boards... have some alaska pics i would like to share and dont know how to put them on the board... anyone that knows how can email me at:Chattiepatty@aol.com... or post a reply.... thanks patty

I use Photobucket. If you get the URL of the photo (Photobucket supplies this, so all you have to do is right click and copy it) then you left click on the little yellow box with the mountain in it, above where you are typing, below the undo arrow (if you hold your mouse on it, it should say ("Insert Image"), and in the space for typing you right click and paste the URL, then left click okay and your photo should show up in your post like this photo of a typical ocean view bathroom ...

GardenVillabathroom.jpg

Or this photo of the Carnival dock in Long Beach ...

LongBeachportarea.jpg

Or this photo of the Carnival Pride ...

IMG_1720.jpg

Or this photo from my balcony on the Pride ...

WakefromPride6260.jpg

Or this photo of a typical balcony ...

lowerbalcony.jpg

There is a limit of five photos per post, including the little smiley icons.

• 1 month later...

WOW those pictures are amazing! Truly amazing. I can't seem to make it work with webshots. It keeps saying "invalid file," whether or not I click "post in blog or website" or "post in a forum." CC won't take it.

WOW those pictures are amazing! Truly amazing. I can't seem to make it work with webshots. It keeps saying "invalid file," whether or not I click "post in blog or website" or "post in a forum." CC won't take it.

Webshots did something that made it hard (or impossible) to link to the photos in Webshots. I used to be able to do it and now I cannot.

Actually the OP asked how to share Shutterfy pictures on CC. So, the answer is....

Assuming you already have an album in Shutterfly... If not, create one.

Then click on 'Share this Album'.

You'll be asked to enter an email address of the person you want to share the album with. Enter a valid address of someone you would like to allow read access of the album.

Be sure to click the box that says "Send a copy to me".

When you're done, an email will be sent to you containing a picture and a link to your album. At the bottom of the email is a message:

If the ‘View album’ button doesn’t work, copy and paste this link into your browser:

You can copy and paste the link that follows that message into any email or message board. That's the way I've done it. Maybe there's a better way. Good luck.

I use Photobucket. If you get the URL of the photo (Photobucket supplies this, so all you have to do is right click and copy it) then you left click on the little yellow box with the mountain in it, above where you are typing, below the undo arrow (if you hold your mouse on it, it should say ("Insert Image"), and in the space for typing you right click and paste the URL, then left click okay and your photo should show up in your post like this photo of a typical ocean view bathroom ...</p>

GardenVillabathroom.jpg

I have had ocean view rooms and this is not my typical view. I would guess this is a suite.

..like this photo of a typical ocean view bathroom ...</p>

GardenVillabathroom.jpg

I have had ocean view rooms and this is not my typical view. I would guess this is a suite.

You've got that right! :eek: :D I would love to be soaking in THAT tub, checking out that view! I wonder which ship this is?

TYPICAL Oceanview cabin?! I don't think so! :D

• 3 months later...
Nice picture....aren't these boards great!!!

I had to do a lot of searching and trial and error but yes, the boards are great and I can now share pictures when people want to know what such and such looks like!

I had to do a lot of searching and trial and error but yes, the boards are great and I can now share pictures when people want to know what such and such looks like!

I've never seen a "such and such". Can you post a picture of one?

I've never seen a "such and such". Can you post a picture of one?

LMAO!!

Well now that I have figured out how to post my pics I will now have to download all my pictures into Photobucket I guess...another project to add to my list.

Archived