New Orleans Hotel and free parking?

Checkmate1955

Has anyone booked a hotel in New Orleans that offers free parking during your stay? :) I have noticed most hotels are offering valet parking at $25 to $30 dollars a day... That makes me think that parking spaces are rare and valuable in New Orleans when staying in the French Quarter... I am sure that there are several hotels with parking included but I have not been able to locate... Thanks

Holiday Inn French Quarter is offering free parking again & cruise packages. More info at www.NewOrleansOnline.com

...:) . I have checked this site and find no reference to free parking for one night or for the cruise... were you referring to one night parking? When I click on to book all that is stated is paid parking... please advise... Thanks

I searched & searched for a hotel that offers cruise parking in New Orleans to no avail. (Found several hotels near Port Canaveral.) That doesn't mean they don't exist, just haven't been able to locate. My husband & I figure we'll just pay the $$$ to park at the port.

Holiday Inn French Quarter:

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/hotel/msyfq/packages#package1

it is based on availability and there may be blackout dates. Maybe try the 800 number if the local number doesn't give an answer you like.

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/hotel/msycl/packages#package1

Also might try Hampton Inn for discounted parking:

http://www.neworleanscvb.com/static/index.cfm/contentID/505/sectionID/1/subsectionID/0

I finally talked with and then started emailing someone with the Holiday Inn Organization in New Orleans.... The Sail the Big Easy package was available for $149.00 one night, Saturday, and 7 included days of parking.... THE big catch is that your car would be there 8 nights (Sat to Sun, 7 + 1,,,,+8) Now you must pay $24 for the eight night.. so you end up paying near $200 + with the tax, etc..... Parking at the Ship is almost $100 for the week long cruise...... Stay at a hotel not in downtown New Orleans... free parking for the hotel stay and pay to park next door to the ship...(.no taxi cabs necessary for big savings...) Less than $200.... So the Holiday Inn package is not worth much except to put you in walking distance of the French Quarter... So much for New Orleans trying to lure tourist back to the big easy?;)

Hello Everyone,

I see that you are running into a problem with free parking and a hotel with free parking during your cruise. Well, I have some good news! Maison St. Charles Hotel located on St. Charles Ave., which is in the Central Business District (5 minutes from Cruise Terminal and FQ) offers free parking while on the cruise. You have to call the hotel directly to get this deal though. Booking through travelocity or something like that will not get you this deal. The phone number for the hotel is (504)522-0187. I told them I wanted to stay there the night before the cruise and then park there as well during the cruise upon booking. Be sure to tell them this at booking. I got it for the weekend rate of 109/nt plus tax. This is not bad considering that parking at the terminal is 12 per day which for a 7 day cruise equals 84 dollars. Sure you pay a little more but you get to stay at the hotel and relax the day before! Also, they call a cab for you to get you to the cruise ship. It's less than 5 minutes to the ship by cab and less than 10 bucks each way for up to 4 people. I am going down on Dec. 8th, 2006 and will be cruising on Grandeur of the Seas Dec. 9th. So I will let you know how it goes when I get back. I know this was a long message but I hope you find it helpful. I have done my research on this matter...THIS IS THE ONLY HOTEL THAT OFFERS FREE PARKING DURING CRUISE!!!! For those of you who want the hotel address it is 1319 St. Charles Ave. New Orleans, LA 70130...This is the nicest area in New Orleans...for you safety minded people like me! There are restaurants within walking distance from the hotel. Like 2 minutes or less! Hope this was helpful and happy sailings!

pilotwings

Pete,

I am so glad that I could help you get a hotel with free parking. Isn't that a good deal considering the cost of just parking at the terminal. I am leaving tomorrow to head down to New Orleans to stay there. I will be back from my cruise on the 16th and I will let you know how it is. Take care and happy sailing!!!

Lane

Pete,

I have an update with the info you want to know about! The hotel is very good. Nothing fancy but it has it's french charm to it. Hotel staff is VERY VERY friendly and helpful. The streetcar is not up and running yet in front of the hotel but it is running everywhere else for the most part! It is $1.25 per person I believe. I did not use it but I remember seeing a sign. I did use the cab service though. It is $10.00 for one person or $7.00 for each passenger if more than one going to the terminal from the hotel. The hotel will put your vehicle in a gated/locked area just for hotel guests to park and will take your keys so you don't have to keep up with them on the cruise. It is in a nice area anyway! There are restaurants in the area. There is a Popeye's Chicken right beside it and there is a Burger King about 0.2 miles down(2 minute walk cause we did it for breakfast). This is the only place open for Breakfast actually close by. Not bad though. There is also Emeril's right across the street and a Japanese Restaurant about 0.1 miles down and a VooDoo BBQ joint 0.2 miles. Me and my friend ate here the night before the cruise. EXCELLENT FOOD!!! About 10 bucks for a plate with tax and drink. Not bad really. Food was excellent. That is about it for food I believe. So, yes there are things right there. There is also a restaurant on property there. Parking is a little tricky though. You actually drive into the building to checkin and park. We had to turn around and do it again because we missed it. Great place to stay. Nice staff and very convenient. Also, just so you know, of you are going on Grandeur OTS it is a very nice ship...not huge but nice. I really hope that you find this info helpful. Everything was hassle free just like I had planned.

pilotwings

I was waiting for your return as well, thanks for the fast reply! Did you hear when the street car would be up and running near the hotel? If it's not there's a bus stop nearby, right?

Did you see the Hard Rock cafe or Margaritaville? We always have to go to the Hard Rock to add to our collection, and Margaritaville, well it's just a blast to go to.

What about walking to the peir from the hotel, if we ran a shuttle with our own van, could the last ones walk back?

There was not a hard rock or a margaritaville near the hotel that I saw. Especially not within walking distance. The pier is too far to walk to from the hotel. The only hotel that might be close enough is the hilton. And it's not got free parking. Just take the cab or a bus. I think the trolley will be up and running next spring sometime. April I think is what I heard. There is a bus stop nearby but not one really just right there at the pier. If you are willing to walk about 2 blocks or so you should be able to get a bus that close anyway.

Pilotwings

Thanks for the swift reply! You said the trolley was not running yet? When I booked my room the desk clerk said they were testing it that day. I hope it is up by Jan. 22nd. I want to go to the FQ, he said the trolley went to within 3 blocks of it. You also said Emeril's was across the street? WOW, I've gotta check it out. Probably very expensive, though. For breakfast, no BK for me. I'm headed straight for Cafe DuMonde!:D

Did you check out the hot tub? That will be one of my 1st destinations!:p

Also, the complimentary drinks--anything I want, or just a beer?

Thanks again!!

I don't drink so it did not appear to be a big thing for me. I know she said 2 free cocktails. Don't know about anything else really. I did not check out the hot tub or the pool nor did I see it. I wasn't really looking though because I got in late the night before. Hope all goes well for you! Talk to you later!

pilotwings

Thanks for all your great info, pilotwings. But now I have decided to change hotels. I found a rate of $109 at the Holiday Inn French Quarter WITH FREE PARKING FOR 7 DAYS! It just fits in better with what I want to do...I'll be within a short walk of FQ, Cafe Dumonde. And I have to take a taxi to the terminal anyway, now just 5 more minutes.

To anyone else cruising from NOLA, this is a great deal! Go to Holiday Inn website, find French Quarter location, click on "Packages". I believe you have to book online to get this deal.:)

I want to avoid having to drive into New Orleans itself so I plan to stay somwhere on the outskirts,then just taxi to the Pier in the am. We won't be arriving till late in the evening,so probably won't feel like sightseeing in the French Quarter etc- but if we do we'll taxi down.

We'll be coming from Louisville KY so can anyone recommend a hotel with parking on that side of NOLA? Thanks:)

Archived