South Beach Diet WOW Recipes

Cinderelli

Hello, Cruisers.

OK, My friend has twisted my arm to try the South Beach diet with her so I can officially LOSE before I cruise on 8/29 on the Carnival Conquest. She lost 5 ls in 2 weeks --and that's from a person who really doesn't have much to lose.

What we are looking for is... some terrific WOW recipes we can try and share and cook for each other.

What have you make that you LOVE???

Thanx!

:p

Good idea!! I make a soup (easy!) that my whole family loves and it is for Phase 1.

5 Can Soup

1 Can Rotel Tomatoes

1 Can Black Beans

1 Can Kidney Beans

1 Can Black Refried Beans

1 Can Low-Fat Chicken Broth

1 Cup or more Shredded Cheddar Cheese (low-fat)

4 small Chicken Breast (boneless)

Cook chicken breast and let cool. In a large boiler or pot, combine all of the cans and the cheddar cheese. Shred up the chicken and add to pot. Cook on medium for 30 minutes and serve. Enjoy!

When I'm in a hurry but want something tasty, I take a can of black beans, dice up an onion, slice some grape tomatoes and toss it all together with some olive oil and vinegar.

Makes a quick tasty side dish.

I found a great website called South Beach Diet Recipe Collections where folks have submitted their favorite recipes. Just do a search on your web browser and it should come up. My wife made the meat pizza the other night and it was fantastic.

Jeff

Here's a recipe we use alot because it's quick, cheap and the kids generally like it.

Stirfry

I dice up one chicken breast for every 2 people or use shrimp, leftover meat, chickpeas or tofu for the protein. Stirfry raw meat in a little bit of canola oil or if the meat is already cooked set aside. To that add whatever veggies you like. I generally use a mix of red pepper, broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, and green beans that I get in the freezer section at the grocery. While they are heating through make a sauce of equal parts soy sauce and rice wine vinegar. Add a dash of dark sesame oil and if desired, hotsauce or chili oil. Pour the sauce over the veggies and meat and cook for another minute or two.

Another one the kids love is mashed cauliflower. Just steam a head or a bag of cauliflower until it is very tender. Puree with a bit of chicken stock and some parmesean or romano cheese until smooth. I always make extras of this and add more chicken stock the next day for cauliflower soup.

Tami

Archived