Ask for upgrade and got it for less money

407dm

WWooooooooHooooooo

Booked on the Ecstasy for Feb 5 cruise out of Galveston. I took this same cruise in August and loved it so much that I am going to take the old brother and go again.

We were booked in Empress 299 (an inside) 4D room. I was checking prices to see if they had dropped and saw that Empress 7 (an outside) 5A room with 2 portholes was open.

I called the carnival 800 number and talked to a carnival rep. She changed the room and gave us a $10 price drop. I have found that working with the 800 number people to be easier than finding a travel agent and they seem to work with me very well.

I will even keep an eye out for the 60 day price drop - only 8 days away. Not expecting more of a drop but you never know.

I know we are at the front of the ship and hoping for calm seas.

Has anyone else ever had a room this far up front ??????????? Please tell of your experience.

doing the happy dance

WWooooooooHooooooo

Booked on the Ecstasy for Feb 5 cruise out of Galveston. I took this same cruise in August and loved it so much that I am going to take the old brother and go again.

We were booked in Empress 299 (an inside) 4D room. I was checking prices to see if they had dropped and saw that Empress 7 (an outside) 5A room with 2 portholes was open.

I called the carnival 800 number and talked to a carnival rep. She changed the room and gave us a $10 price drop. I have found that working with the 800 number people to be easier than finding a travel agent and they seem to work with me very well.

I will even keep an eye out for the 60 day price drop - only 8 days away. Not expecting more of a drop but you never know.

I know we are at the front of the ship and hoping for calm seas.

Has anyone else ever had a room this far up front ??????????? Please tell of your experience.

doing the happy dance

we were pretty far forward on one cruise in which we booked a guarantee.

Your cabin comes with a built in alarm clock.

If you have a tendering port be prepared to be awakened by a very loud noise. That will be the anchor being lowered.:D

Bill

WWooooooooHooooooo

:) We are booked on the 12-11-06 Ecstasy. We have E16. 1st window after portholes. Will post a review here when we get back. But if you will search for cruisenstace she just posted a long review of 11-18-06 cruise and they were in E12, E14, and E20.:D

Already done the Happy Dance, Doc Dance, and now am doing the Great Anxiety Dance according to my BF:rolleyes:

Archived