Noordam toiletries?

What kinds of things are provided in the cabins? I don't know how much shampoo/conditioner/lotion/soap etc to pack. And if they do have hair care, is it decent, or would I not want to use it on my *color-treated* hair?

The info they sent says there are hairdryers you can borrow from the front desk. Does that mean I have to get it and return it every day? Or can I have one for the full 10 days. What kind of hair dryer is it?

Thanks for any help - I have such nitpicky questions, but we leave in 10 days, so I've got to get packing! :-)

:)

HAL uses Royal Dutch products. You will have a conditioning shampoo, hand lotion, and soaps in your bathroom. They are replaced whenever something runs out.

As for hairdryer, when we were on the Nieuw Amsterdam and Noordam, I took my own. You can not keep the hair dryer for the full 10 days as there will be other people who may need to use it.

:)

How are the outlets? What kind of hair dryer did you bring? I usually bring an extension cord to use w/small clock & curling iron. I also have a blow drwyer I bought in Germany a few years ago. Would that work? Thanks

On the Noordam there were the two voltages - situated on the desk with the mirror. One was around 220V which was great as we are 240Volts here at home and I was able to plug in my charger for my phone. There was also the 110V. I hope this helps.

Jennie

Personally, I always bring my own toiletries such as shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, etc.

I believe they have gone to a shampoo/condtioner mix - which I do do like as well, and I also thought the products to be a bit harsh on my skin. The lotion is nice, but we haven't seen the ginseng lotion for the past few cruises.

HAL stopped using the herbal products last year, I really liked those. I don`t care for the new soap or shampoo and always bring my own.....jean

jean-

I thought they had changed - I liked the older products much better than the new, as well.

Archived