#### LIVE FROM THE GOLDEN PRINCESS #### (17 Days Starting 11/29/06)

JotWorld

About 8 Minutes ago, at 4:52PM 11:52 AM EST the Power:eek: went out in the Cabin on Caribe Deck Aft & the Ship stopped or almost stopped. The Purser's ofc is saying there is a Small Pwr outage & it will be back on soon!:confused: That is the official word, no word on the speaker system, yet!

Will keep you all informed as I find out more. This is Formal Night, of course, & at 5PM everyone is getting ready in the Cabins! (Murphy's Law)

Later............... Bill

All power is back on although it went off two more times in our Cabin, when they tried to kick the A/c back on, too much of a load at first.;)

The Ship seems to be back to it's standard cruising speed of 13 knots(IMHO). Got alot of Questions answered today by the CD & others, also got the soon to be released inside on the New 150 Day rule for Elite. :+) Also had a Major discussion re: the Internet Problems,was very busy today, Also bought a New Lovely Piece of Art & missed getting another one of my favs!:(

Much More Later to follow, after the other New Show for us, Cinematastic! :D

My Best, Back later........................ Bill

Just checked the cruise personalizer and found my cabin assignment, I booked a BF guarantee for the price and hoping to get an upgrade. We are located in BF432 on the Baja deck, that is directly across from the elevators and stairwells. I'm a little concerned about the noise, but it will be convient to be mid-ship and close to the elevator. Has anyone stayed in one of these Balcony Cabins on the Baja Deck? Just wanting to get an idea of how big they are, and how big the balcony is, etc.

Also, this is for Bill, what movies are they showing right now? I know they don't have MUTS on the Golden, but do they have a theatre or lounge that show movies.

All power is back on although it went off two more times in our Cabin, when they tried to kick the A/c back on, too much of a load at first.;)

The Ship seems to be back to it's standard cruising speed of 13 knots(IMHO). Got alot of Questions answered today by the CD & others, also got the soon to be released inside on the New 150 Day rule for Elite. :+) Also had a Major discussion re: the Internet Problems,was very busy today, Also bought a New Lovely Piece of Art & missed getting another one of my favs!:(

Much More Later to follow, after the other New Show for us, Cinematastic! :D

My Best, Back later........................ Bill

Hi Bill -- plez dont let us hanging !! What is the inside dope on the new Elite rule??

Earl

one info please

Do you know that if during drydock they have changed the polycarbonate balcony partitions (higly flammable) with those in aluminium ?

for the antarctita cruise they should do...

Thanks.

Hi Costalb2002,

Ok, they had changed them all b/4 Drydock, been doing it constantly since March per David Cole, CD. Also they are not aluminium, but some other Non Flamable

Material/Composite. My Best! Bill

Hi There,

For those lucky people on the Golden, can you tell me if the South African couple (crew) are still on board, she works in the shops he works as a waiter. They should have just got married I think they were getting married in Scotland her family came from there.

yours Shogun

Sorry but can not recall names

No luck, asked the CD, Maitre' D & several waiters, nothing rang a bell with them.:confused: Sorry! My Best! Bill

Hi Bill:

Now that it's December (and those of us living in Canada have already seen some snow), I'm thinking about Christmas. Wondering if the Golden Princess and any other of the beautiful Princess fleet are displaying any holiday themed items...ie Christmas tree in the atrium, pointsettias at the Pursers desk, gingerbread cookies in the Horizon Court or perhaps Christmas movies in the theatre??? It may be early yet for these displays but what is the usual pattern on "your home away from home"?

BTW, I love "all" the postings, the bantering and general discussions about blankies and baaaaa make me LOL and make everyone seem so real. PS..I even love Caroline's postings ;)

Jan

Hi Jan, Some Princess Ships are already Xmas decorated, since right after, Thanksgiving, like the CB, others last week & this week, but the Golden not until New Orleans!:( (Darn It!) They are all contracted out & then most if not all from the USA, per David Cole, CD.

You can never be sure what Ship & When.:confused: :eek: :rolleyes:

Thank you for coming along & your comments! Bill

Pam, Thanks for your Details & Food for Thought on those thinking about Marrakesh, we were down until the Deadline & pulled it for a Short PM in Casablanca, which turned out good for us, a little of everything, & NO LONG Bus Rides through the Desert!

Judy & All, I will ask the 50++ CC Group Gathering this AM about Marrakesh, I'm sure several, at least went, & report back later today! BTW we left 10 Minutes early,

so the buses got back on time from there 12 Hour Day:eek:

Bill

OK, talked with 2 CCs that did the trip, everthing was positive, but of course a very long ride. The A/C worked Good,they were only about 20 minutes late, and they would do it again,;) ( the 1st time only of course)

However, they were rushed everywhere & there was No time to shop.:(

So from my point of view & Irene's we got more out of the 1:30PM to 5PM Casablanca tour, & Not 7AM to 7PM Marrakesh, &at 1/3 time & the price.:D However, Marrakesh is the "Old Morocco" & Casablanca is the "New Morocco"! So you must decide what is important to you most, as always!;) My Best! Bill

I sure hope so! I'm still several completed cruises away from Elite but have 145 days so if this is true, one more cruise would do it. Again, if this is true, it's about time!

Pam, et al, The New 150 Days or 15 Cruises (Whichever comes first) for attaining the Elite Status will go into effect Jan 5th, I was told today!;) (No other Major Changes in the Captain's Circle are coming out then)

I agree it's about time, My 102 Day WC would have only counted for 1 now it is over 2/3 of the Status.:D Some one still with All 2 Day Cruises could have 51 Cruises:eek: in 102 Days, & have 3 1/2 Elites almost! Wow, now that is quite a difference & It is still a big difference. You still can get Elite with only 30 days(15 x 2 Day Cruises) My Best! Bill

Also, this is for Bill, what movies are they showing right now? I know they don't have MUTS on the Golden, but do they have a theatre or lounge that show movies.

Yup, lots of Movies, Last Night they had King Kong:eek: in the Big Princess Theater, as no main entertainment last night, as late departure from Morocco. Other nights in the Explorer Lounge or Vista Lounge & some afternoons also, lots of Newer movies;) Also they play all day long in your Room the Same one All day, pick your time!:D My Best! Bill

Hello Bill,

I'm glad to see you are still doing the 'Live' threads. We met on your second Coral Princess trip. I look forward to having more time to read this whole thread.

Jeff

So nice for you to stop by, I really enjoyed meeting you and your lovely wife.:) Thank you for coming along!;) Bill

I will tell her tomorrow exactly what you said!:D BTW, Had a nice long talk with the 1st Purser, Giancarlo Merello today in his office, per his request, about the Problems in the Internet Cafe on the Golden Princess.;) :( He said to Say a Big Hello to you,:) he remembers you well from another Princess Ship! He Knows your coming onboard in Jan.;) My Best! Bill

Bill...please say a big hello back to Giancarlo for me please...he's a great man!

Tony

Bill...please say a big hello back to Giancarlo for me please...he's a great man!

Tony

Tony, He sure is:) , I will do! I need to thank him, also, for the Nice Bottle of wine that was delivered to our stateroom this PM.:D My Best! Bill

12:05 AM Got to do a 9AM tour, Wow! Don't know how to do a tour b/4 1PM!:D Changed the Big 9AM to 4PM Madeira Island Tour to the Shorter 9 to 1PM.

Just can't cut those All day Princess Controlled tours anymore, I guess!

Well, after tomorrow, we Have 9 Nights in a row w/o getting off the Ship:eek: , how sweet it is!:D (Can't get off in Ft Laud, unless you are not coming back on!;) ) We are still Rocking & Rolling, in these Large NW Swells, which are typical for this area per Captain David Calabrese(BNA "Speedie Gonzales":eek: )

Good Night All from the Beautiful Golden Princess Some 300+ Miles off the Coast of Africa(Morocco)!

Till Tomorrow PM...................... Bill

Pam, et al, The New 150 Days or 15 Cruises (Whichever comes first) for attaining the Elite Status will go into effect Jan 5th, I was told today!;)(No other Major Changes in the Captain's Circle are coming out then)

I agree it's about time, My 102 Day WC would have only counted for 1 now it is over 2/3 of the Status.:D Some one still with All 2 Day Cruises could have 51 Cruises:eek: in 102 Days, & have 3 1/2 Elites almost! Wow, now that is quite a difference & It is still a big difference. You still can get Elite with only 30 days(15 x 2 Day Cruises) My Best! Bill

Bill, this sounds like a good compromise towards achieving Elite. One of my beefs with the current system is that it's extremely prejudiced towards those on the Northwest. There's absolutely no chance for anyone from the Northeast to take advantage of the 2-day cruises unless we want to pay more for airfare than the cruise.

Now, my next question. <grin> I'll achieve 150 days halfway through my Golden cruise in February. Does that mean that I'll get the perks as soon as I get to 150 days, do I get them at the start since it's assumed I'll be completing the cruise or do I have to complete the cruise? (Hey, I can ask!)

Bill, this sounds like a good compromise towards achieving Elite. One of my beefs with the current system is that it's extremely prejudiced towards those on the Northwest. There's absolutely no chance for anyone from the Northeast to take advantage of the 2-day cruises unless we want to pay more for airfare than the cruise.

Now, my next question. <grin> I'll achieve 150 days halfway through my Golden cruise in February. Does that mean that I'll get the perks as soon as I get to 150 days, do I get them at the start since it's assumed I'll be completing the cruise or do I have to complete the cruise? (Hey, I can ask!)

Hey Pam, You know what the answer will be!:D At the Start of your Next Cruise, of course!;) Good Night!:eek: Bill

Bill

I'm enjoying this Live from a lot and you are having a lot of fun.

I have a question for you about the picing of the internet on ship.

I have been told of .50 minute and then this.

We are just off the Caribbean Princess 11/26 - 12/3 sailing. New login system and new pricing structure are in effect.

To login, you no longer need your cruise card. You start at a login screen where you enter your login name (first initial, last name, cabin number) and password). Then select a pricing plan.

The new pricing structure has three options:

Time Plan 1: 250 minutes for $100 (0.40 per minute);

Time Plan 2: 100 minutes for $55 (0.55 per minute) and

Pay-as-you-go for 0.75 per minute.

No more 0.35 per minute!

Thank You

FryGirl

Archived