#### LIVE FROM THE GOLDEN PRINCESS #### (17 Days Starting 11/29/06)

JotWorld

This is the itinerary for the Black Watch leavine 12-19-06 it is the Fred Olsen Cruise line out of the UK. Does not mention any stops in Maderia so it must of been an emergency if they were following the same itineary.

Day

1 Southampton UK

2 At Sea

3 At Sea

4 Cadiz

5 Almeria

6 Gibraltar

7 At Sea

8 Agadir

9 Arrecife

10 Las Palmas

11 San Sebastian

12 Santa cruz De La Palma

13 Santa Cruz (Tenerife)

14 " "

15 At Sea

16 At Sea

17 At Sea

18 Southampton

That's all I have, Dianne

Irene just told me tonight, that she was talking at lunch with someone at the table that said: in Madeira Yesteday the Black Watch Ship in port with us, along with the Artemis(old Royal) was in Very Bad Seas & there were many injuries , broken bones , one lady had her finger cut off in a door:eek:. The Ship was met at the Dock by many Ambulances & they were taken to the Hospital in Maderia. Can anyone reading this confirm this info?:confused:

Where was the Black Watch, Near England where they had those Tornadoes near London?:confused: It is a small ship, half the size of the Artemis, by my estimate. Where is the Black Watch from? Where does it sail? Maybe it stopped in Maderia as an emergency stop only? Can anyone out there help us with this information? Thanks! Bill

Thats terrible Bill! I did a lookup on the Black Watch. It's part of the Fred Olsen Cruise Lines. http://www.fredolsencruises.com/fredolsen/process/fleet/fleet_index/ship=blackwatch_pre.html

It does a few different iteneraries. I didn't see Maderia on any of them unless it was an oversite. :confused:

Glad to see you are having a fabulous time. I'm getting excited about meeting the ship in New Orleans in a little over a week. :D

I am also really enjoying your posts "Live from the Golden Princess"....it is so much fun to hear about all of your adventures.....also so refreshing to hear such positive feedback....I'm booked in C743 in April (Mexico) out of S.F. and was wondering if the balcony is the same as yours? Sounds great! Thanks for getting me even more excited about my upcoming trip!:) And Tony if your reading this...your "Live from the Golden" thread was incredible....I read the whole thing!

Thank you both so much!

Sue

Hello all you land people (aka cruise lovers),

Today the temperature of the water at 6:00am was 74.6 degrees (F. of course) and the air was 67.4 degrees. The seas were calmer on the Grand crossing the Atlantic in the middle of November. Sunrise about 7:30am and looks to be partly cloudy, a very beautiful day on the high seas. The speed of the computers has picked up a little bit. Signing off for now.

Dollar Bill:)

Thanks Bill. Pretty much anytime they should be playing. They just finished living in the UK for 2.5 years and decided to cruise home. Thanks again!!

Happy cruising...

Bill Cooper

Went there last night, the Table was empty, but they Know him, they think, he is there a lot & I will make Contact tonight I hope, WLYK! Bill

Bill, I'm sure not having any luck finding anything on the Black Watch having a problem with injuries.

Will keep looking.

Dianne

I found out it is a Fred Olsen Ship & the old Nordic Prince, Westward, etc.

But couldn't find any current news on it either.:confused:

Thanks for your efforts!:)

My Best!

Bill

Hello all you land people (aka cruise lovers),

Today the temperature of the water at 6:00am was 74.6 degrees (F. of course) and the air was 67.4 degrees. The seas were calmer on the Grand crossing the Atlantic in the middle of November. Sunrise about 7:30am and looks to be partly cloudy, a very beautiful day on the high seas. The speed of the computers has picked up a little bit. Signing off for now.

Dollar Bill

Thanks Dollar Bill, It is a Beautiful Day here at Sea aboard the Golden, the Seas may be slightly less than last night, the Sky is Mostly Sunny with some low Cumulus Clouds, with no rain in them at this time;) The temp is a few degrees cooler this AM, but 67F is much, warmer than expected & that is at Sunrise! Wow! It's just lovely in the AM, PM & Night on our Large AFT/Port Balcony!:D Irene spends alot of time out there & I would be there also with one of my laptops if we had a wireless signal there.(& it was Free;) ) Maybe I can do that on Our AFT Balcony on the World Cruise, if they make a few more improvements by 2008. (I Can Wish, can't I?:D) BTW, they have solved the Server Problem, it appears, as there are No Computer Lock ups or reboots in almost two days, for me or anyone else, Yippie!! :D

My Best!

Bill

Hi Jotworld......... regarding Black Watch cruise schedule.

she left

Southampton on Dec 3.

4th, 5th. and 6th at sea.

7th Funchal.

8th and 9th San Sebastian La Gomera.

10th Arrecife Lanzarote.

11th Agadir.

12th and 13th at sea.

14th La Coruna.

15th at sea.

16th Southampton.

so it looks like she was heading to Madeira all along.

I have not found any news about any passengers hurt etc.

her former names have been.....Star Odyssey. Westward. and Royal Viking Star.

I enjoy reading your daily reports.

also Tony whenever he is at sea. you are both quite informative.

kindest regards, Lorraine . in Queensland Australia.:) :)

This is the itinerary for the Black Watch leavine 12-19-06 it is the Fred Olsen Cruise line out of the UK. Does not mention any stops in Maderia so it must of been an emergency if they were following the same itineary.

Day

1 Southampton UK

2 At Sea

3 At Sea

4 Cadiz

5 Almeria

6 Gibraltar

7 At Sea

8 Agadir

9 Arrecife

10 Las Palmas

11 San Sebastian

12 Santa cruz De La Palma

13 Santa Cruz (Tenerife)

14 " "

15 At Sea

16 At Sea

17 At Sea

18 Southampton

That's all I have, Dianne

Yup, I brought up the same, you can't get the info on a Cruise in progress from the Ships site, That other place has it, in my bookmarks:( But they aren't with me.:( Thank you for your efforts! Bill

Thats terrible Bill! I did a lookup on the Black Watch. It's part of the Fred Olsen Cruise Lines. http://www.fredolsencruises.com/fredolsen/process/fleet/fleet_index/ship=blackwatch_pre.html

It does a few different iteneraries. I didn't see Maderia on any of them unless it was an oversite. :confused:

Glad to see you are having a fabulous time. I'm getting excited about meeting the ship in New Orleans in a little over a week. :D

Thanks for the effort!:) I'll keep the Ship in Good shape for you.;)

We are in no hurry to get to New Orleans, 6 More Days at Sea!:eek:

My Best! Bill

I am also really enjoying your posts "Live from the Golden Princess"....it is so much fun to hear about all of your adventures.....also so refreshing to hear such positive feedback....I'm booked in C743 in April (Mexico) out of S.F. and was wondering if the balcony is the same as yours? Sounds great! Thanks for getting me even more excited about my upcoming trip!:) And Tony if your reading this...your "Live from the Golden" thread was incredible....I read the whole thing!

Thank you both so much!

Sue

Yup, Just the Same, Extra Wide Railing, about 4.5' More, V shaped area Additional, in the last one on each side, Caribe. :) Starboard side, You'll love it! Nice & quiet back there!;) You're Welcome & thank for coming along! Bill

Hi Jotworld......... regarding Black Watch cruise schedule.

she left

Southampton on Dec 3.

4th, 5th. and 6th at sea.

7th Funchal.

8th and 9th San Sebastian La Gomera.

10th Arrecife Lanzarote.

11th Agadir.

12th and 13th at sea.

14th La Coruna.

15th at sea.

16th Southampton.

so it looks like she was heading to Madeira all along.

I have not found any news about any passengers hurt etc.

her former names have been.....Star Odyssey. Westward. and Royal Viking Star.

I enjoy reading your daily reports.

also Tony whenever he is at sea. you are both quite informative.

kindest regards, Lorraine . in Queensland Australia.:) :)

Yup, Thanks so much, Lorraine!(We get to your lovely country next April & we can't wait, it's been a life time Dream):) So she was at Sea for three days b/4 Madeira, so it fits in, now we just need to confirm what happened, & we will!;)

You are welcomr & thanks for coimg along!:D Bill

Hi Bill...

We're all packed and ready to board the Sun Princess tomorrow. I'm going to attempt a "Live From" but in no way can I compete with you or Tony. There is no way I'm going to LIVE in that internet cafe. :D I just hope the equipment is operational, or you will hear me screaming :eek: from wherever you happen to be.

Until tomorrow night (or Monday)

Arlene

JotWorld -

Haven't found anything about what happened to the Black Watch, but been searching too! The seas were very rough, as I have been following another live blog from the NCL Section of CC - go to Shoreguy's live report on the Norwegian Pearl's (almost) maiden voyage. They are heading for Galvaston, via Fort Lauderdale. Interesting reading!

Position of Golden Princess is shown on

http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shiplocations.phtml

Hope calm seas ahead for you guys:)

Thank Bill!! I expected they would know him. He loves to gamble and with days at sea, I figure he will be at the craps table all of the time. He will be quite surprised that you know his name. Thanks again and enjoy your trip!

Bill

Hi Bill...

We're all packed and ready to board the Sun Princess tomorrow. I'm going to attempt a "Live From" but in no way can I compete with you or Tony. There is no way I'm going to LIVE in that internet cafe. I just hope the equipment is operational, or you will hear me screaming from wherever you happen to be.

Until tomorrow night (or Monday)

Arlene

That sounds Great!:D I need some Help while Tony is "on Vacation" away from Princess.:eek: THe IC is straightened out. I Did it!:D Not a single Freeze up or Random reboot in 48 Hr+ Wow! How do you like that, However, I'm not sure about the Sun, I may take awhile to fix them all.:confused:

One of the Problems was Service Company, it was fixed, for all Ships. The other was in the inhouse server & they fixed that also, but need todo it in all Ships. Should be done on all of them in the next 3-4 weeks, My Guess!

I hop I'm right!;)

My Best!

Bill

BTW Where are you going & for how long?

JotWorld -

Haven't found anything about what happened to the Black Watch, but been searching too! The seas were very rough, as I have been following another live blog from the NCL Section of CC - go to Shoreguy's live report on the Norwegian Pearl's (almost) maiden voyage. They are heading for Galvaston, via Fort Lauderdale. Interesting reading!

Position of Golden Princess is shown on

http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shiplocations.phtml

Hope calm seas ahead for you guys:)

Thank you for the info, the Position Tracker(Neat) & the info on the Pearl blog.:) The Seas are Calmer than expected, for this time of Year!;)

My Best!

Bill

Arlene, Have a great cruise. I love the Sun. The dealers in the office when I sailed last year were the best. I also had Hristo in the dining room and he was the most fun and an excellent waiter.

Thank you Bill for taking us along with you. Between you and Tony I am cruising most of the year! LOL! My son is starting to tell me to get a life.

Where are you Tony? On your way to French Polynesia yet?

Happy Holidays everyone.

Archived