#### LIVE FROM THE GOLDEN PRINCESS #### (17 Days Starting 11/29/06)

JotWorld

Bill,

It has been lovely getting to know you. You have done a wonderful job with this LIVE!

Just so you know, I have been in touch with Princess and they replied that they do not relay emails to their crew members. I can't believe that this is true but I am running out of ideas to contact Viharn. I feel really bad that I never thought to give him my email. Thank you for your efforts. Hope to meet you one day on the sea!

Judy

Tony,

Glad that your marathon flying is done for a few days.

I wanted to thank you for your help with contacting Viharn. As you can see I have run out of ideas. You were a bright spot in this muddy mess!

I hope we have a chance to meet in person again someday.

I look forward to reading your next LIVE.

Judy

Tony, Glad to see you finally made it safe:) & sound(Are you still, after that set of connections & delays from He_ _?:eek: )

We Just got done Clearing immigration, everyone had to get off the ship, after the Disembarking PAXs did.:( Don't know why we could not have all waited until New Orleans:confused: No one is allowed off the Ship anyway, unless they are Staying off the Ship, so it just dooesn't make sense, as usual;)

Cloudy, rain clouds, 80+, humidity 75%, tipical So Fla weather, this time of year. Later.............. on our way to New Orleans @ about 11:30AM. Bill

Bill, the reason being is that everyone has to do a face to face when the ship has been gone from American waters for more than 90 days, which the Golden has been away for much longer...them the rules!

Tony

Safe travels and enjoy your last couple of days Bill. Maybe they handled the customs portion in Ft. Lauderdale because New Orleans isn't able to handle it. The ship will come into dock with a temporary tent facility. Princess sent us a notification last week trying to deter us from arriving before 1pm.

Our cruise is either overbooked or is waitlisted as they offered me to switch to the Grand for a date after Feb. 10th. Incentives of shipboard credit and upgrades were offered. It was tempting but we declined.

I'm heading out early morning for the drive down to New Orleans. We are looking forward to this cruise. :)

Your Ship will be in Soon!:D The Xmas trees are all in Big Boxes, all over the Ship, & they are putting them up, one Right after another. Can't wait to see them all lit up!:D Would have liked to have them for the whole cruise.:( But, how can we complain with such great weather we have had!:D Later................. Bill

Bill,

Incase I don't get a chance tomorrow, its a kind of crazy day, thanks for your hard work. I know you are on a cruise and having to spend most of your time on the computer can't always be fun. But you did a wonderful job keeping everyone posted on your travels. I really enjoyed it and I was able to keep my FNL posted on his wife's travels.

Thanks again, have a safe trip home. And be kind to my dear state of Louisiana.

Wendy

You are Welcome & thanks for coming along!:) We'll be gentle to her for the 48 hours in FQ, NO. Will leave what money we have left,;) although Roma took most of it:eek: My Best to you! Bill

Bill,

It has been lovely getting to know you. You have done a wonderful job with this LIVE!

Just so you know, I have been in touch with Princess and they replied that they do not relay emails to their crew members. I can't believe that this is true but I am running out of ideas to contact Viharn. I feel really bad that I never thought to give him my email. Thank you for your efforts. Hope to meet you one day on the sea!

Judy

Judy, Thank you for your kind words!:) I will see the 1st Purser maybe one more time, if possible, & see where we are with this mission:confused: , I think he can get it done!(I have to believe) I saw him twice the last two days and he always stops & says Hi Mr S....... !;) Thanks for coming along for the ride!:D Bill

Bill, the reason being is that everyone has to do a face to face when the ship has been gone from American waters for more than 90 days, which the Golden has been away for much longer...them the rules!

Tony

OK, there's the answer!;) Thanks so much! I saw, almost every one again today(During immigation), Shannon, Claudio, Giancarlo, Frankie, Lara, Natasha!(Some said Hi to you again!:)) Wow, everywhere I was this AM, on or off ship, they were there.:D The Computer Problem for Now is Fixed!!!:D (At least on the Golden) Let's hope it stays that way!;) Bill

Hey Greybear, were you on the Golden in Egypt? If you were could you let me know if you took the overnight in Egypt and what your impressions were? There are a bunch of us going next November on the Star to Egypt and we were wondering about the overnight. We heard from Tony on the Princess excursion and Vicki on the independent excursion but I'd really appreciate hearing of any more experiences. :D
We did the overnight in Cairo several years ago (2001) and thought it was amazing -- expensive but well worth the money. We spent most of the afternoon of Day #1 at the pyramids and Sphinx outside Cairo and went to the light show at the Sphinx at night. The next day, we spent all morning in the Cairo museum. I agree that it's too little time but on the other hand, I could spend a week there and it still wouldn't be enough time. The restaurants we went to and the food we were served were excellent -- delicious. The hotel was right on the Nile and we all had balcony rooms overlooking the Nile towards the Sphinx and Pyramids. Awesome. On the bus ride on our way to Port Said, we drove aparallel to the Suez Canal and could see the tops of the ships. We're going back next year and plan to do the overnight again.

OK, there's the answer!;) Thanks so much! I saw, almost every one again today(During immigation), Shannon, Claudio, Giancarlo, Frankie, Lara, Natasha!(Some said Hi to you again!:)) Wow, everywhere I was this AM, on or off ship, they were there.:D The Computer Problem for Now is Fixed!!!:D (At least on the Golden) Let's hope it stays that way!;) Bill

Good because we are going to be on there shortly posting our "Live" to South America .

The Computer Problem for Now is Fixed!!! (At least on the Golden) Let's hope it stays that way! Bill[/quotee]

As someone that spends far too much time supporting computers for a living, I can personally guarantee that they won't stay fixed :). There's just something that happens as soon as you let an average person touch a computer that will ultimately cause many hours of grief for people like me. The only proper way to keep a computer working is not to let people touch it :).

Bill,

Just wanted to thank you so much for your posts. They have meant a lot to me as a 12/23 cruiser on the Golden out of NOLA. Our first time on Princess, but certainly NOT our first time out of NOLA. Our tenth cruise... but the first at Christmas. Sounds like they are decking the halls! Again, thanks a bunch, and glad you had a great cruise.

Seawall

Bill,

Today is our last full day on the Golden and it has been fun cruising and reading your posts. Hope to see you again OLD buddy.:)

Dollar Bill

You should see what you started on the cell phone post you started. Even Tony is in the act. Tony actually said he lived on land once upon a time.:eek:

Later:)

Bill,

Today is our last full day on the Golden and it has been fun cruising and reading your posts. Hope to see you again OLD buddy.

Bill, it's been all my Real pleasure , However, I wish you weren't an Accountant, it constantly reminds me of how Weird they are( Not you of course;) , & definitely Not I:D . That's why I Cruise to get away from them All!:eek:

You should see what you started on the cell phone post you started. Even Tony is in the act. Tony actually said he lived on land once upon a time.:eek:

It's not my fault, I only reported it. "Tony, lived on land once upon a time", Really? No wonder he can walk a lot, but if you look real close he is Growing a Fishes' Tail, (Just like Alexander in the Movie "HAL"):D

Later Dollar Bill

Later, My Friend & you all! Bill(THe Real Bill)

Bill,

Just wanted to thank you so much for your posts. They have meant a lot to me as a 12/23 cruiser on the Golden out of NOLA. Our first time on Princess, but certainly NOT our first time out of NOLA. Our tenth cruise... but the first at Christmas. Sounds like they are decking the halls! Again, thanks a bunch, and glad you had a great cruise.

Seawall

You are very Welcome!:) It has been my Pleasure!;) The Xmas Trees are Going up, There are Several already up, & Huge Boxes everywhere in the Hallways full of Xmas Stuff & Trees will be Everywhere, it should be Beautiful for Xmas on the Golden!:D My Best! Bill (Live one more day:D :( )

Thanks for the great live postings Bill. We will be on the Golden for New Year's. Leave her in great shape for us.

Lola in Hamilton

Thanks for coming along' date=' again!:) She will be in Perfect shape, & Decorated to the hilt!:D Happy New Year Lola!;) Bill [/color']

Thank you Bill, Tony, Dollar Bill, et al. for your great "Live from" posts. It has been much fun following your journeys. We will be boarding the Golden tomorrow & I'm so glad that I kept up with your threads. This is our first time with Princess as well, and we are very excited with our decision to try them after reading all the wonderful things you guys have said.

Thank you Bill, Tony, Dollar Bill, et al. for your great "Live from" posts. It has been much fun following your journeys. We will be boarding the Golden tomorrow & I'm so glad that I kept up with your threads. This is our first time with Princess as well, and we are very excited with our decision to try them after reading all the wonderful things you guys have said.

You are Welcome, From All of Us!:D Have a Great 1st Cruise on Princess, keep her in Good Shape for Tony's arrival in Jan, & his continuing Saga!:eek:

Merry Xmas:) , My Best! Bill (Live on the Golden, last Day:( )

thank you for sharing your wonderful cruise with all of us. you have been very prompt and helpful with all your relies to questions. look forward to "sailing" with you again. clare

It's been My Pleasure!:) Thank you for coming along for the Ride;) ......

Till next time:D ................ Bill

Archived