Imagination Review 7/15-7/19

gymbrat33

I just returned from the Imagination. I went with my mother. She's 57. She went all out and booked a balcony. It was her first cruise and on the second day she was already planning her next cruise. She loved it!

Embarkation

Embarkation was a breeze. We arrived at 11:45 and were on the ship at 12:15. I was on the Imagination two years ago and don't remember having a key to open the cabin instead of the Sail and Sign card. I went on the Victory in March and on the Glory last August and the Sail and Sign card was used to open the cabin.

Cruise Director

Troy Linton was the cruise director. He's been working for Carnival for 12 years and will be retiring in September to pursue a career in television. He was not my favorite. All throughout the cruise he kept making fun of Miami people saying that they barely speak English (not true). He didn't target anyone else.

Dining Room and Wait Staff

The food was delicious. I always look forward to going to the dining room because the wait staff is very friendly. Our waiter introduced himself, and didn't speak to us except to take our order. He didn't even ask us our names or where we were from.

Entertainment

I loved all of the shows. There were a lot of fun activities scheduled on sea days. I missed Karaoke because it was always scheduled during our dinner time.

Cozumel

We booked a sightseeing and shopping tour through Carnival. We then went to Carlos 'N Charlies. It was a blast.

Key West

Since we didn't go to this port due to construction of the pier, we received a $10 shipboard credit.

Sail & Sign Account

This ship does not have the feature on T.V. where you can book the excursions and check your Sail and Sign Account.

Lounge Chairs

The ship was full, but I never had a problem finding a chair.

Debarkation

We decided to pick up our luggage instead of carry it out of the ship because we purchased so many items in Cozumel. We were out of the ship at 9:15.

Carnival called me a week before the cruise because they had overbooked the ship. They asked if I was interested in going the following week on a 5 day cruise instead, but my mother had already asked for those vacation days and could not change them.

• 6 months later...

We are leaving on 2/19 for our cruise and what to wear in the dining room is a big question. You said people were wearing jeans. What about younger kids? I have a son who's 11 and a daughter who's 9. She's easy but what about the boys?

Any other tips would be great! Thanks!

Archived