Who's Your FAVORITE Cruise Director?

sike43

We were on the Thanksgiving sailing of the Liberty with John and while he was funny at the Welcome Aboard show, we never really saw much of him after that.

When we sailed the Fascination in 2002, Matt was the CD and he was wonderful. He also was on our 2004 Fantasy sailing. He is my all time favorite. I also liked Marichal who was our CD on the Imagination this summer.

We were on the Thanksgiving sailing of the Liberty with John and while he was funny at the Welcome Aboard show, we never really saw much of him after that.

When we sailed the Fascination in 2002, Matt was the CD and he was wonderful. He also was on our 2004 Fantasy sailing. He is my all time favorite. I also liked Marichal who was our CD on the Imagination this summer.

I must be honest.. I don't care whom the CD is... they do not make or break my vacation.... :)

I must be honest.. I don't care whom the CD is... they do not make or break my vacation.... :)

I don't care either. We don't go to any of the shows or talks, so half the time we only see the CD as we board and hear him/her during those annoying announcements over the loudspeaker.

Add me to the list of Jorge fans! He was, without a doubt, the funniest CD ever. If fact, he was funnier than the comedian at the late show (the over 18 off-color comedian.)

Chris on the Miracle was a BIG disappointment compared to Jorge!

We were fortunate enough to have both Corey Schmidt as well as Chris Jefferson (when he was still an assistant CD/social host). What a tremendous team. By far my favorite of all.

By the way we leave Sunday on the Valor. What's anybody's opinion on Brett Allens? I haven't really heard anything one way ot the other and I know hes been around forever. Thanks.

I have to agree....the CD isn't important to my cruise experience. It's more so the people I inter-act with....my dining staff, room stewart, bar staff and other passengers that make or break my cruise.

We had Brett Allens on the Legend this past January and while I wouldn't rank him as a "great" CD, he is a very nice, gracious man. Our CC Roll Call group met up with him as we were singing (and swaying) down the hall on our cabin crawl. He didn't even bat an eye at the bottle of rum we were carrying. Since we were celebrating a friends birthday we asked him to sign a card which he did without hesitation. His "If I Were Not Upon the Seas" skit is hilarious (yes, I know many of the CD's perform this, but he really got into the part! LOL).

Sharkin, yes Corey Schmidt was "the bird guy". I asked Brett about him and he said that Corey had left to perform with the birds in Vegas, but unfortunately the parrots died (not sure why). BTW, Brett also uses his parrots as part of his act, a blue and gold macaw and a lesser sulphur crested cockatoo.

Happy sailing!:)

I didn't know we would list more than one.....

Mark Price

Paul Santley

Corey Schimdt

Shawn Bussey

Jeff Bronson

Risa Barnes

Chris Jefferson

I have fond memories of all of them for completely different reasons.

No, the CD does not make or break my cruise. He/She simply adds that extra serving of whipped cream on my Chocolate Sundae!!

I had Brett Allens on one cruise and wasn't the least bit impressed. I thought he was arrogant and not the least bit funny.

I know this won't be a popular pick, but I really like Steve Cassel. He is such a dork...and knows it that he is funny. He isn't arrogant and just has fun with himself and others.

I had Brett Allens on one cruise and wasn't the least bit impressed. I thought he was arrogant and not the least bit funny.

I know this won't be a popular pick, but I really like Steve Cassel. He is such a dork...and knows it that he is funny. He isn't arrogant and just has fun with himself and others.

Archived