Free Room Service?

cruisingteacher

Some people complain about Carnival's room service selection, but I have to say that their room service menu is a highlight of our cruise experience. We love ordering room service after picking the kids up from Camp Carnival at night. Try a BLT - they are fabulous! And the black bean wrap is really good too. We always tip $2 for room service.

I have heard from other folks that after the breakfast hour....juice is not available FREE for room service. You will have to pay for juice during the afternoon or night. So keep that in mind!

I can say that I always order juice to drink when I order any type of food from room service. I've never ordered during breakfast time but have ordered at all other various times during the night or day. Not once have I ever been charged for juice.

I love having a pot of coffee first thing in the morning. Sea days breakfast in bed is my favorite thing! I tip really well and if you are use to buying starbucks in the morning them a nice tip is not a big deal. When you call for room service it is there in five to ten min. I hated the roast beef and brie though... I ordered it after the raves on Cruise Critic but it was to rare for my taste. Enjoy the luxury of breakfast in bed.

I have heard from other folks that after the breakfast hour....juice is not available FREE for room service.

I'm happy to report that you heard wrong, Mona.:)

All items on the room service menu are available 24 hrs. a day.

The last few years on our Christmas cruises - on the Miracle, the Valor, and and the Conquest- I've noticed that room service is almost impossible to use, except for a pre-ordered continental breakfast tray. Either you get put on hold when you call your order in, or you're told there is over an hour wait for delivery. I've ordered, and then never received the food even after calling again. If you get back from a shore day hungry, don't even think of trying to use room service. It would not surprise me if room service, for free, will not be the next thing to go on the Carnival list of cruise amenities. It seems they try to discourage you from using it as much as possible. This was not always the case, I remember wonderful service on the Pride and the Victory, but that was 5 or 6 years ago.

We tip well everytime we use the service (we keep a pile of dollar bills in the top desk drawer for that purpose)so I don't think its the staff that is resisting, I think its a policy change at CCL.

Th...... I've noticed that room service is almost impossible to use, except for a pre-ordered continental breakfast tray. Either you get put on hold when you call your order in, or you're told there is over an hour wait for delivery. I've ordered, and then never received the food even after calling again. If you get back from a shore day hungry, don't even think of trying to use room service.

I'm sure there are busier times than others - when room service is deluged with hundreds of calls at once. However, I've never ever had to wait over 8-10 minutes for any order - no matter what time of day. That includes all of my cruises, so perhaps I've just been lucky to have called at non-busy times?:)

I'm sure there are busier times than others - when room service is deluged with hundreds of calls at once. However, I've never ever had to wait over 8-10 minutes for any order - no matter what time of day. That includes all of my cruises, so perhaps I've just been lucky to have called at non-busy times?:)

We had a long wait ONE time on the Conquest - and the other few dozen times we've had room service it took 20 minutes or less. We generally order around 10 PM, so perhaps that's a "good" time to order.

Our very first day on the ship we always look for our room steward and ask that a pot of coffee be delivered to our room at 5:30am and we tip him/her immediately. Have always had the coffee delivered on time and the room steward even had bagels and fruit sent with the coffee. We also tip the person delivering each morning

I have heard from other folks that after the breakfast hour....juice is not available FREE for room service. You will have to pay for juice during the afternoon or night. So keep that in mind!

juice is free from room service 24 hours a day.. but there is a breakfast menu that can only be used in the morning.. I think that is where you are confused. (breakfast only--

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1114576387044264514Qxwkfu

here is a regular room service menu which can be used 24 hours.. But note that buffets are closed from 2:30- 4:30 and the only thing available is the grill / and pizza so using room service during that time it may take a bit to get it delivered.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1114576414044264514PfSdSF

We did have ONE problem with getting items from reoom service on our last Conquest cruise. The kids and dh wanted croissants every night, and every night the room service person told me those were only available at breakfast. I told her they were on the 24 hour menu, but it was to no avail. We simply snagged extras in the morning and kept them in a zip loc bag so they could have them at night. It WAS a bit frustrating that they wouldn't let us order them - but not a big deal.

Can you get these delivered by room service? I know there would be a charge for the drink, but is it possible?

Yes, you can, but I'm not sure it's a full 24-hours a day, they might have some shut-down time in the early early morning.

Can you get these delivered by room service? I know there would be a charge for the drink, but is it possible?

On the Conquest couple of years ago, we ordered beer thru room service all night long...until the very wee hours of the morning!! Well past bars being open (even the disco).

I'm happy to report that you heard wrong, Mona.:)

All items on the room service menu are available 24 hrs. a day.

Well,I am sooooooooo happy that I heard wrong also:p!!!! Now I will be able to have juice any time of the day. I do not drink soft drinks, so juice in the afternoons is exactly what I like for a quick pick me up!

RCCL needs to learn a lesson from Carnival and not charge $2.50 per glass of juice outside of the breakfast hours!!!

Also, thanks for posting those menus...they really helped.

:)Happy Cruising!:)

Yes room service is free...as others have mentioned a buck or two for tip is a good idea.

Be specific when you order...if you are ordering coffee or tea and want cream and sugar be sure to ask for it.

Also mention other preferences...we ordered a peanut butter and jam sandwich and the bread was toasted we never thought to specify untoasted.

If you like snackies...chips are available only through room service.

Payd:)

$1 dollar U.S. coins named after the Native American Indian guide Sacajewea.

They are gold in color.

oh never heard of them before We have had $1 and $2 coins here for years but they are called a "loonie and a toonie" original eh. We make sure to bring a few of each on our cruises. The kids show them to friends they meet and we usually give them to our room steward and dining team. Have had a few that collect coins from different places.

Archived