Weigh-in 11/30/06 - Good morning!

WeirdEyes

Hello Losers! I hope all of you had a good week and for those in the U.S., I hope you're recovering from Thanksgiving's pigfest. :D

Over the past couple of weeks, I've gained 5 lbs. Today, I'm down 2.5 lbs of the 5 lbs so I'm happy. Now, I just need to get the other 2.5 off and maintain through Christmas.

How did everyone else do?

Good luck! :)

Back from our cruise on the Crown Princess, which was fantastic! It was the Southern carribbean route, San Juan, St. Thomas, St., Kitts, Grenada, Bonaire and Aruba. Did a lot of walking and swimming.

Happy to report that I only gained two pounds from the cruise and Thanksgiving, one of which I have lost. I tried hard to stay on plan, and for the most part was successful (except at Sabatini's - their Italian restaurant).

Hopefully next week I will return to my pre-cruise weight.

Jean

Lo and behold I lost 2 lbs. over the past 2 weeks.

I'll be very happy to just maintain over the next couple of months. I have been really good about adding more exercise, I think that has really helped. If I continue that I could maybe even lose a little more.

Good luck this week.

I missed last week, but even with thanksgiving I somehow managed to lose 1 lb in 2 weeks since my original weigh in.

Stingray

Inspiration 10/9/06

Triumph 10/16/04

Paradise 10/5/03

Triumph 9/22/01

Sensation 2/99

Celebration 10/92

Norwegian Sea 10/91

I am so excited to be down 3lbs. since signing on 11/26. I don't usually start losing that quickly, but I am trying to stay off the white sugar and flour I read about on this thread and it has helped. I am a bit more tired because my body is missing some of those quick energy fixes. Hope this losing trend continues. I did go back to the gym too. Talk to ya next week. Peg

To the gainers, don't beat yourself up so hard this week. It is really hard not to gain during the holidays. Try to step up your exercise so you'll at least maintain. That's what I'm trying to do. There's too many temptations right now!!

Miriam ~ Love your new picture in your avatar!! You look so thin!!

Plank ~ GREAT job!!!! I'm proud of you!

I think I would like to join in if I could. I have a cruised planned for next May in Hawaii and I need/want to lose 50 pounds(though I would be estatic with 30). I have metabolic syndrome so it is very hard for me to lose weight. I did mange to lose 25 pounds last year but gained 15 of it back when I went through a tough time (they think I might have blood cancer). So I went into pity mode and stopped exercising and starting eating larger portions and added bread and potato back into my diet. BUT, now I am ready to move forward again and I am getting back to eating better again and I am trying to get into the exercise again. I know that will come if I just can make it through 2 full weeks of being good. I have lost 2 pounds this week so that is a good sign!!! I like the support of you guys that have responded in this thread - you seem to be not too critical and I like that. So is there anything special I need to do?

I think I would like to join in if I could. I have a cruised planned for next May in Hawaii and I need/want to lose 50 pounds(though I would be estatic with 30). I have metabolic syndrome so it is very hard for me to lose weight. I did mange to lose 25 pounds last year but gained 15 of it back when I went through a tough time (they think I might have blood cancer). So I went into pity mode and stopped exercising and starting eating larger portions and added bread and potato back into my diet. BUT, now I am ready to move forward again and I am getting back to eating better again and I am trying to get into the exercise again. I know that will come if I just can make it through 2 full weeks of being good. I have lost 2 pounds this week so that is a good sign!!! I like the support of you guys that have responded in this thread - you seem to be not too critical and I like that. So is there anything special I need to do?

Welcome!! Just jump in on this thread on Thursdays and post if you gained or lost weight. No need to put what you weigh. Also, you might want to join other threads. Everyone on here is so supportive and I couldn't have lost 65 lbs without them! :D

Sheila, 65 lbs.? That's awesome!!

Babylene -- trying to stay warm. It's COLD here and I have no fat left to keep me warm! :)

Jimmyfan, welcome and as Sheila says, jump right in. We've been weighing in each week since this particular board began. You'll find everyone here very supportive, especially during really tough times. Trust me, I know firsthand! If you can, would you start a thread and let us know about metabolic syndrome.

Archived