Cab company in Port Canaveral

We stayed at the Radisson and were given a card at the front desk when we asked about getting a cab to the port (did not use the free shuttle). The service was prompt, couteous, and reasonably priced. The company is called Banana River Yellow Cab or simply Yellow Top Taxi. Here are the two numbers that I have:

321-636-1234 and 321-636-7017

We used them both to and from the port.

I think we paid around $10.00 with tip for a family of four. Yes I like free stuff; it is my favorite kind of stuff. However, sometimes the free option is not the best option. When we checked in and inquired about the shuttle we were told it would be 2-2:30 PM before we could get one and we wanted to arrive early and board. We do not like being herded in large groups, having to deal with our carry on bags in a crowd, etc. With the cab we get personal service on our schedule and do not have to sit on an idling van for 45 min waiting for others to board. For us it is worth the $10.00 to make a several thousand $$ vacation more relaxing.

But hey, if a person does not mind the shuttle thing, free is free!

I've read about the "herding" @ the Rad. & late times. Called our hotel which uses the Rad parking & pick up & they do not let you make reservations until check in. They said cab would be $5, so we'll see. I also do not like standing or sitting around in the Fla. heat & humidity, esp. when I'm anxious to board the ship! :)

Archived