Renaissance Hotel Prague

AliceS

Any information on this property would be appreciated. What do you recommend doing and seeing in Prague? I remember someone saying that they had a private guide. Who? Tell me about that and how to contact a guide. Did the hotel include breakfast or just coffee? When could you get into the room when you arrived in Prague?

I thought the Renassaince Hotel in Prague was wonderful and seemed either updated or just very well kept. The rooms well appointed and clean, comfy beds too. The hotel's buffet breakfast has everything you can think of and is delicious. It is included. You are only a few blocks from some good shopping and maybe a 10 min walk into the Old Town Square and all there is to do around there. Hotel has 2 restaurants both are very good. Next to the hotel is the Patriot Restaurant where we had a great lunch. We were there booked through Amadeus (that's the hotel they put us in). They give a great tour (included) of the castle district, so we did that one day. The tour also went into Old Town Square and a bit through the Jewish area (forgot the name of it), very informative We went to the optional folk dancing and dinner, it was a lot of fun. We arrived on a Thursday afternoon. So the tour occured on Friday from about 8:30am and ended around 1-2pm ending to stroll around Old Town and I found my way to Charles Bridge.

The next day was Saturday and we hired a private driver (not sure who or how, some friends hired the man) that drove us to a few other churches. We saw Jesus of Prague during this time and some great areas of Prague. Then spent the afternoon having a nice lunch and doing some shopping. Sunday we left for the boat.

Prague is a fascinating city and the hotel is top notch IMO in a great location and clean.

We are going to be taking the Danube Cruise on the Amalegro May 30-June 10 2007 and we have booked a guide that someone recommended on the cruise critic site. If you would like his name contact me at my email donovanref@comcast.net We are also looking forward to our stay in Prague and any suggestions for restaurants would be appreciated.:)

We are also staying at the above mentioned hotel and I appreciate all the good comments. We end our cruise in Budapest and we are not staying any additional days. Is this a mistake? Is Budapest a City we should explore for a day or two? Thanks again...:cool:

The Renaissance Prague is a wonderful hotel. We stayed 2 nights last December. The beds are incredible, staff pleasant, and everything very clean. Our breakfast was also included. We decided to arrange transportation through the hotel, for a price of approximately $36 US (not much more than a taxi), and they sent a Mercedes sedan. We arrived at the hotel approximately 11:30 a.m. and were able to check right in.

We loved Prague. The hotel is in a very good location. We walked everywhere. We had dinner one night in the hotel and one night out. Unfortunately I can't remember the name of the restaurant, but it was on a side street and it was very good. I can only suggest that you avoid the "touristy" restaurants and try to find something a little off the "main" streets for great food and better prices.

Any information on this property would be appreciated. What do you recommend doing and seeing in Prague? I remember someone saying that they had a private guide. Who? Tell me about that and how to contact a guide. Did the hotel include breakfast or just coffee? When could you get into the room when you arrived in Prague?

I highly recommend as a private guide, George ,at praguemaster.com. Some others on this board this year also used him, and like us, were totally happy they did. The Rennissaise was a very good hotel, good location. and served one of the best buffet breakfast I have ever had in Europe.

Thank you everyone for the information. We are really looking forward to this trip.

DonM,

We are with Amadeaus. There is a morning tour included. We have two nights in Prague. Will we still need to hire a guide? What did you do and see with George?

Thank you everyone for the information. We are really looking forward to this trip.

DonM,

We are with Amadeaus. There is a morning tour included. We have two nights in Prague. Will we still need to hire a guide? What did you do and see with George?

Alice, we spent 5 days in Prague so had more time than you will have to take advantage of a private guide to see sights outside of Prague i.e. Terizin prison and Cesky Krumlov ( a whole day trip). We also had a walking tour with George that covered the Prague Castle, Charles Bridge and Old Town. We did not go on a Amadeus tour, which would probably cover those sights.

About 3 blocks from the hotel is the Metropolitan House where they give tours- very interesting and I highly recommend. The Prague subway system is outstanding and there is a station right across the street from the hotel, thus, with only 2 days and a good guide book, you can cover the city itself on your own.

Initally, I thought 5 days in Prague would be to many, but the trips outside of Prague with George was really the highlight of the trip. Prague, and the surrouding area is really incredible and since there is probably no chance we will return, Iam glad we booked the extra days pre-cruise.

Archived