shuttle service from Port Everglades to FLL

letsgocruz1

We will be disembarking from the Liberty on 12/23. Because this is going to possibly be a record setting day for the Port, I have been told that taxi service from the port to FLL may be scarce. Instead, we have decided to have a car or shuttle service transport us so that we will be sure to get a ride to the airport and make our 1:00 flight.

Does anyone have a suggestion for which service to choose? I wonder if they will have any availability this late in the game? We aren't looking for anything ritzy, just a cheap, RELIABLE ride to the airport. Thanks for any help you can provide.

You should be fine with a regular taxi, the port is accustomed to handling large volumes of people and getting them to where they have to go. I can't imagine a car service providing an cheap inexpensive limo/towncar for the 2.3 mile ride to the airport unless they're dropping of a customer at the port anyway and the timing was right. You can try Larrys Limo at 800-611- 6631 or Tri County 800-244-8252 .

Thanks Bequia...so you think we'll be okay with getting a taxi? I know Dec 23rd is supposed to be an extremely busy day, and I am a worrier by nature, so I just wanted to be sure we'll get a ride to the airport and check in on time. I would sure hate to be stranded!

I think we are going to go on and do self-assist just to be sure that we get an early jump on things. I would rather sit in the airport knowing I am there vs sitting on the ship waiting for our tag color to be called and being stressed.

Please reassure me that we'll be okay with getting a taxi. I seen where tri-county offers a shuttle and wondered about them?? We've never cruised out of Ft. L and I just don't know how their whole "system" works. Thanks again for your gracious help. What would this board be without you?? :)

letsgo, please stop worrying, trust me you'll be fine. For a one pm flight out of FLL you could be the last one off the ship and you'd still have plenty of time to spare. If you had a 11 am flight you'd still have plenty of time. I cannot stress this enough to you...do not bother self embarking, no need to get off the ship early.

Port Everglades is the second busiest port in the world after Port of Miami. Millions pass through the port every year. They have it down to a science. People arrive, people depart every weekend like clockwork. The systems they have in place work. On another thread I started recently I posted a story that appeared in the Miami Herald stating that 12/23 was going to be a record breaking day at Port Everglades. That will mean more people arriving then departing, that will mean more cabs then ever looking to take people to the airport after bringing people from the airport.

You've got to relax, not worry and fully enjoy your vacation. Rest assured that there will be plenty of taxis available when you return and that you will have plenty of time to catch your 1 pm flight. ;)

Archived