Booked for 2 probably going solo(prices)

Thamsey

Booked a good rate for 2 and was quoted a price with that rate in mind if I changed to solo. I f the rate for 2 goes up will they charge me more if then I should change to solo or am I locked in at the first rate give? I have been told it would be basrd on the first rate but want to see if anyone has exeprienced this.I know if I booked solo and someone joined me the rate would be whatever it is at the time they purchased so just want to make sure I am safe doing it this way.

If you booked for two the rate should remain the same, that person is just added to your ticket. But if you received a "Singles" rate then you might pay a slightly higher fee, and of course port charges and gratuities for the 2nd person. I think?:rolleyes: Happy sails to you~

Hi Thamsey:

I would go to the horse's mouth on your question. If you booked through a travel agent, you travel agent should be able to get you a definitive answer. Even if you used a web-based TA, they should have a toll-free number that enables you to talk with someone live. If you booked directly with the line, I would ask them.

Based on my admittedly limted knowledge in this area, I think the answer may depend on a few factors: 1) the policy of the line, 2) whether you have any "pull" as a result of being a loyal customer, and 3) how close you are to sailing.

Good luck!

Paul

Archived