Cruising from New York - own car or limo?

Oriole

We live outside of NYC and are on the 12/6 Noordam from New York.

Is parking at the cruise terminal a hassle? It's only a bit less expensive than car service, but I was wondering about disembarkation? The ship arrives at 8AM - but how can you tell when the driver should be there?

Which makes overall more sense - driving on our own (we're about 45 minutes outside of the city) or having car service take us?

I live in southern NJ, have use my own vehicle and a limo service, by far the limo worked out much better. The limo services know when to pick you and others up at the dockside, they do it every week, they'll give you a toll free number to call when you are ready. Happy sails to you~

I live on Long Island and when we sailed out of the NY terminal, we took a car service and boy were we sorry when we got home - trying to find our car was AWFUL. It is totally unorganized as there is not that much room for the cars to park.

If I went out again, I'd park at the terminal. There is 24 hour security and we had to open the whole car up for it to be inspected before we were allowed to park. It is much easier to get the elevator when you have your bags, go up to the top and retrieve the car.

I was also hesitant to park there until I had to park there for a cruise ship tour and saw the security at the parking lot.

• 6 months later...

There are six of us returning from a cruise on Oct. 7th. We need a reliable limo company to pick us up and take us to the Newark Airport since our flight leaves at 11:25 a.m. (we'll be praying we don't have any hangups getting off the ship). Anyone have a recommendation for a RELIABLE limo service?

There are six of us returning from a cruise on Oct. 7th. We need a reliable limo company to pick us up and take us to the Newark Airport since our flight leaves at 11:25 a.m. (we'll be praying we don't have any hangups getting off the ship). Anyone have a recommendation for a RELIABLE limo service?

i think you are asking a lot from the limo service. when is your ship arriving?

We will be on Explorer of the Seas arriving at 8:00 am on Sunday, Oct. 7th in Bayonne, NJ at Cape Liberty.

Thanks for your input.

that shouldn't be a problem. any limo service will do. i use Air Brook. but thats' just my preference.

anyone else?

Archived