Wipe out

I have a bad feeling about our cruise leaving tomorrow. I guess it's because it was 80 degrees here (where the port is) yesterday, then it stormed last night and now it's under 40 and there was frost on my windshield this morning. Doesn't exactly get me in that "cruising state of mind" lol. I'm expecting to be spending most of the cruise indoors on the ship - but still crossing my fingers for nice WARM sunny weather in Mexico!

Rowan, It may be cold when we leave tomorrow evening but it should be warming up by the time we wake up Sunday morning. The weather forcast for the Yucatan is in the 80's and clear for our trip. See you tomorrow or 3:00 Sunday at the Pizza area bar. No more days left, just a wake up!!!:D

Rowan, It may be cold when we leave tomorrow evening but it should be warming up by the time we wake up Sunday morning. The weather forcast for the Yucatan is in the 80's and clear for our trip. See you tomorrow or 3:00 Sunday at the Pizza area bar. No more days left, just a wake up!!!:D

What are you doing in Costa Maya? I SO want to go to Chac Chi, but I don't see my father in law climbing through a hole in a fence - ack!

By the way - is it freezing cold in Biloxi yet, or has the cold not made it there yet? It's crazy here right now!

the weather has been so weird...and there are storms all over the states..I'm going on Destiny but it looks like its raining in Puerto Rico today and the rest of the weekend:(

I packed my poncho and I am mentally preparing myself for bad weather the entire cruise...THAT SUCKS

What worries me is that we're taking my inlaws on their first cruise tomorrow, and I want everything to go as perfectly as possible for them. This might be their ONLY chance to see Costa Maya and Cozumel, and while rainy days there wouldn't matter that much to US because we're there a few times a year, it would devastate me for them to not get to see and enjoy the ports. I'm crossing my fingers and toes for good weather for us ALL!

No, thankfully never, but hubby Rob and I went to Disney... spent a whole lotta $$$ and had torrential downpours the whole fourth of july... sandles and slickers were our mainstay.

had an incredible time.... did all the water sports, water rides, just ran a comb through my sopping wet hair and we trucked along... no pics as the rain was too much to pull out the camera.

Back at disney hotel, this guy complained about being "marooned" in his room.... as we were setting up chairs to sit under the balcony and watch the rain and dry off.... I said... it was incredible..... air so thick you couldn't breathe... he said...."we haven't left the room".......

point- make the most of it, buy a slicker and carry on.... works best with a frozen thingy in your hand. Didn't see the sun for the 4 days.... had one HELL of a good time.

so while it's never rained like this on a cruise, wouldn't matter to me. I'd be disappointed about missing snorkeling and diving but would consider booking the same cruise to do it agiain to see what we missed instead of feeling regretful.

Valor CC group 2005. Rained everyday but we had a blast. Only tan was a bar tan but still fun. Still plenty to do....even with the rain.

It was definitely a blast!! I was more tan the day I got on the ship than the day I got off, but the only thing I would have changed about that cruise was Ricky feeling better!!!

We've cruised 11-12 times - we've had a total of 10 minutes rain - for all cruises. Don't worry about it. Actually when there is frost on the windshield, 20 inches of snow on the ground, and -30 degrees, that's when I'm really in the mood for cruisin'! Also, our last cruise showed rain, every day, all day long on weather forecast. :eek: It rained 10 minutes - that's it!!! I too was really bummed before we left, thinking our cruise would be ruined - it wasn't - it was wonderful and actually we welcomed the 10 minutes rain to cool things down a bit. :D Have fun.

On our Miracle cruise from 10/29 to 11/5 it rained most of the time. Very unusual and I've never seen that before. We had sun on our first sea day out of Tampa and rain for a good portion of each day after that. While it put a damper (no pun intended) on the Bathrobe party and some outdoor activities, we still had a great time!

Look, Rowan. You're going to be fine. I agree, our weather has been bizarre this week but you will wake up on Sunday to warm weather and sunny skies. It always amazes me going out of NOLA in the winter that it's that much of a change but it is!

That said, I've never been to Cozumel (6 times) that is wasn't raining. No problem....still had a great time.

Have a wonderful cruise and sunny skies. I feel for you taking 1st time cruisers. I'll be doing that in 2 weeks and praying for sunny skies and warm waters. :D

Makes me think of one of my favorite Calvin and Hobbes cartoons:

Calvin and Hobbes are spending their family vacation at the lake, and it is raining. Calvin goes swimming in the lake anyway, and then gets out and towels off in the rain.

It rains the whole week, and when it is time to go home, the sun comes out!!

I really don't think this will happen to you!

Shay

WHAT HAPPENED?!!?

Iceberg damage to the propulsion system... decreased use of stablizers (seasick!), sailed at 1/2 speed... skipped only glacier sailing and one port. Extended time at another port for attempted repairs, and one significantly shortened.

First cruise for us. An expensive lesson for booking an Alaska sailing with only one glacier day!

Still, Alaska is so beautiful we tried it again the following year (different itinerary on Princess) with a perfect sailing.:)

Archived