Fantasy Category 11 questions

FirstTimer628

Has anyone had a category 11 class cabin on the Fantasy type ships? It says its a "demi suite" but has a balcony.

I have a few questions:

1. how big is the balcony?

2. is there a deck below this balcony or is it just right on the water?

3. how big is the room?

4. its on the verandah deck, how quiet is it or not?

Has anyone had a category 11 class cabin on the Fantasy type ships? It says its a "demi suite" but has a balcony.

I have a few questions:

3. how big is the room?

4. its on the veranda deck, how quiet is it or not?

1. It is the length of the cabin and about 4 ft wide.

2. Yes, there is a deck below the balcony

3. The cabin is 182 sq ft

4. This deck is very quiet.

If you will do a search for mrdood's posts you will see in his signature that he has pics from his Imagination cruise (Fantasy class). In the pics are some great shots of the cat 11 balconies. One important thing to remember for the cat 11s is that the balcony is NOT private, as his pics will show. And yes, you get VIP check in for this category.

Tom and Cheryl's picture is good, as Vanessa said, in my signature there is a link to my Imagination pictures with several more Cat 11 shots.

Be aware that as you move toward the rear of the ship, they become more and more obstructed by life boats. The forward cabins are the least private (none are private) but least obstructed.

I would take one any time, but they are usually pricey, and I tend to cruise more frequently instead of splurging. Cat 11's on Conquest class are quite a bit larger...

Tom and Cheryl's picture is good, as Vanessa said, in my signature there is a link to my Imagination pictures with several more Cat 11 shots.

Be aware that as you move toward the rear of the ship, they become more and more obstructed by life boats. The forward cabins are the least private (none are private) but least obstructed.

I would take one any time, but they are usually pricey, and I tend to cruise more frequently instead of splurging. Cat 11's on Conquest class are quite a bit larger...

Nick - I have never been in a CAT 11 on a Fantasy class vessel - but I understand that they are comparable in size to Conquest/Spirit class Cat 8's - would you say that is roughly correct?

Tom

I have a few questions:

3. how big is the room?

4. its on the verandah deck, how quiet is it or not?

My husband and I always get a Cat 11 on the Fantasy class and we love them.. So far they have been roomy, and the Veranda deck has been quite. Like the other posters said, the balconies are not the private, but we have found that when we are on our balcony at night or most any time, there is hardly anyone out there as I guess most people are about the ship with activities. We always take V1 o V2 and have never found lack of privacy to be a problem. However next to V1 there was an exit door to the outside, but thankfully most people that were coming in and out were in the rooms on that deck and they were very polite and quite.

I will try to attach some photos of the cabin on our recent Sensation cruise.

The picture in Post #5 is of the CAT 12 cabins on Verandah Deck. Cat 11 cabins are on Upper Deck are "in hull" balcony cabins. Both 11 & 12 get the VIP check-in.

Sorry - you have that reversed!

12's are on UPPER (we have stayed in them many times!)

Tom

Nick - I have never been in a CAT 11 on a Fantasy class vessel - but I understand that they are comparable in size to Conquest/Spirit class Cat 8's - would you say that is roughly correct?

Tom

The balconies are deeper on the Fantasy Cat 11 versus a Conquest Cat 8, but the rooms without using a tape measure, appear to be pretty dang close. I have yet to sail on a Spirit class, but will remedy that soon!

How do you like the Fantasy? It appears you must like it as you are a repeat customer. Do you have any advice to give to 1st timers like me that will be boarding the Fantasy in the future? Any suggestions as to things one might over look as far as navigating the ship, "to do's", best places to hang out and people and ocean watch. Those kinds of things.

How do you like the Fantasy? It appears you must like it as you are a repeat customer. Do you have any advice to give to 1st timers like me that will be boarding the Fantasy in the future? Any suggestions as to things one might over look as far as navigating the ship, "to do's", best places to hang out and people and ocean watch. Those kinds of things.

The biggest thing for a 1st timer is that you will be overwhelmed at first. Dont sweat the small stuff. The ship is easy to get around on, just remember that Deck 8 (Atlantic) is the only deck where you cannot go the length of the ship on. (Besides deck 12 which is partial)

I stayed in Cleopatra's which is a piano bar most nights. The Electricity Disco was too loud and mostly a mosh pit. A nice quiet place is right outside the rear of Windows by the left side of the Pizzeria. You can view the ocean and have a nice meal.

Dave

The FANTASY class Cat. 11's are really the forerunners of the Cat. 8's on the newer ships. The cabin size and balcony size are both close to the modern Cat. 8's.

Standing at the rail of a Cat. 11 and looking down, you will see the deck below. Not straight down to the sea. Cat. 12's and the balcs. on newer ships look straight down to the water. Looking straight down to the water on a moving ship IS NOT SOMETHING YOU WANT TO DO VERY LONG ANYWAY. I don't get seasick, but I'd be chumming if I spent a lot of time doing that.

Dan

Archived