Help needed from past Princess South America Cruisers

Marie-Claude

For those that have done a Princess cruise to South America with disembarkation in Valparaiso - did Princess offer day tours ending at the airport?

Most flight leave Santiago in late evening, and I want to make sure we have arrangements to have excursions for that day. The Cruise personalizer doesn't show any tours for Valparaiso, but I know sometimes they only offer the transfer/excursions on board - but knowing for sure from past cruisers would reassure me !!

Thanks!

MC

Marie-Claude,

We did the cruise this year on the Regal Princess sailing from Rio via Antarctica to Valpariso. It was a wonderful cruise and you will love it.

Yes, there were transfers offered once on board. We did not use them as we arranged with a private guide to take us around Valpariso and Santiago arriving at our hotel around 5pm.

Jennie

For those that have done a Princess cruise to South America with disembarkation in Valparaiso - did Princess offer day tours ending at the airport?

Most flight leave Santiago in late evening, and I want to make sure we have arrangements to have excursions for that day. The Cruise personalizer doesn't show any tours for Valparaiso, but I know sometimes they only offer the transfer/excursions on board - but knowing for sure from past cruisers would reassure me !!

Thanks!

MC

Marie-Claude I will be renting a car that day in Vina del Mar right near Valparaiso and you could join me to go to a couple of wineries in the afternoon. I am on the Air Canada #93 to Toronto that leaves Santiago at 9:15pm.

The ship will open up shore excursions/transfers to the airport while you are onboard.

I've done South America each winter for the past 5 winters consecutively.

Tony

:cool: :eek: :cool:

Thank you both for your answer!

Tony:

If you have room in the rental, we may take you up on the offer, as we are on the same flight as you! We were hoping to see a winery, and tour Santiago. Let's try to meet on board and we can see if that would work for all of us!!

Again thanks!

MC

Thank you both for your answer!

Tony:

If you have room in the rental, we may take you up on the offer, as we are on the same flight as you! We were hoping to see a winery, and tour Santiago. Let's try to meet on board and we can see if that would work for all of us!!

Again thanks!

MC

There is a great winery that I have been to a couple of times called Verramonte on the way to Santiago and they serve an excellent al fresco lunch outside and full winery tours and wine tasting as well.

Sure we can meet up while onboard as I certainly have enough room in my car.

Tony

:cool: :eek: :cool:

Archived