Official HMC Taupe Cabana Treasure Hunt

Marie321

OK fellow taupe cabana loungers! The turquoise cabana people came up with a really neat idea of leaving treasure for the next cabana visitor. They are burying their treasure. Then the next cabana visitor locates the treasure and leaves a treasure for the next people.

We would like to do this for the taupe cabana also! We will be in the cabana January 1. We would like to leave clues to the location of the treasure on an index card that we will tape to the bottom of one of the chairs in the cabana. We will bury a treasure box with a key chain inside. Also inside the box will be a book that treasure hunters can sign. We will also leave an address label in the treasure box and would ask that the person finding our treasure would use the label and send us a postcard! Anyone else interested?

Awesome Ned! My DH and I are from New Mexico. Where are you from? We will be on the Westerdam for the New Year's cruise and this is our first time to the Caribbean and Half Moon Cay! We are so looking forward to it!We found a really neat treasure box today at Hobby Lobby along with a book to put inside for signatures! Next we shop for treasure to leave! Anyone else headed for taupe? If so, we will add you to the list!:D

Marie321 and DH - From New Mexico - January 1, 2007

Ned70 and Sister - January 29, 2007

My sister is from Oxford, Ohio, and my husband and I live in Leesburg, Fl. We all travel together quite a bit. This is our first cruise together - on the Westerdam. In October my husband and I cruised on RCL's Sovereign of the Sea and stopped at their island, Coco Cay. It was a paradise. Our hope is that Half Moon Cay is equal or better.

In November 2005, my DH and I booked the Taupe Cabana and enjoyed our time. Only problem was the sidwalk alongside came right into the cabana area. We had people walking through to walk down the steps. While swimming, noticed two people showering and dressing in our cabana.

Can anyone tell me if they put up a rail between the walkway and the cabana?

Anyone going to Half Moon Cay will enjoy it. Just a beautiful, peaceful little island to swim, eat and relax.

Fireflygal

When we tried booking a cabana, but all were already taken. :( I waitlisted them all, then we were notified that the taupe was open. We grabbed it because everyone says how wonderful they are! Oh well if we get traffic! We just plan to enjoy the day and the experience!:)

Updated list of Taupe cabana treasure hunters::D

Marie321 and DH - From New Mexico - January 1, 2007

Ned70 and Sister - From Ohio and Florida - January 29, 2007

Hi Marie321,

You will love a cabana. We loved sitting in the lounge chairs with both misters on spraying us with water to cool us off.

Comes with some goodies and soda.

Well worth the money. Plus it's the closest from the pier.

Fireflygal

• 1 month later...

Ned,

Just back from HMC. It was WONDERFUL! We hid the treasure. Look for our clue card in the cabana under the table. I hope there are not lurkers out there who steal. If you take a treasure, leave another behind PLEASE! We had butler service. Petrus and Eko kept people from invading our cabana space and their service and meal was AWESOME! Can't say enough good things about our day. Went on the Aqua Trax at 2:15. FUN, FUN, FUN!!

• 4 weeks later...

Marie,

We are just back from the Westerdam cruise. Unfortunately, we did not see your posting of where the "clue" was before we left home on 1/22. We did have a wonderful time - booked the Butler service also. Bagouse and Oren were the best and the food outstanding. They made our cabana experience memborable. Sorry we missed the "treasure hunt".

Nancy

Archived