Know any thing about Cocoa Beach?

hoody4

Hi we are staying at the Luna Sea in Cocoa Beach does anyone know anything about it, staying for 3 nights before our cruise. Family, 10 and 8 year old kids, any good places to eat? We are going to the Kennedy Space center and just hanging out. Whats fun??:rolleyes:

Hi we are staying at the Luna Sea in Cocoa Beach does anyone know anything about it, staying for 3 nights before our cruise. Family, 10 and 8 year old kids, any good places to eat? We are going to the Kennedy Space center and just hanging out. Whats fun??:rolleyes:

Make sure you go to Ron Jon's! It is a great place for beach wear, t-shirts, flipi-flops, etc. It is a neat place to shop. Sorry, I don't remember much else, it's been about 10 or 12 years since we were there. I just remember that we really like it and had a great time and our kids were the same age then as yours are now. Hope you have a great time.

We stayed in Cocoa Beach last year at the Hilton. We ate at Ron Jon's the first night we were there - it was a fun atmosphere - didn't do much shopping there - just there for the food and beverages.

We walked from the Hilton to the Pier area - I think it ended up being about a two mile walk - boy was that beer good when we got there. :)

Something that might help you is to download google earth (it's free) and type in the name of Luna Sea. That will allow you to zoom in and virtually "walk" the beach area - if you click on the dining flag - it will show you everything in the area - its really a cool tool for doing research on your upcoming vacations.

Happy planning!!

Diane

We've stayed at the Luna Sea several times; it's clean, comfortable, and friendly. Most of the place was renevated after the hurricanes a couple years back, so the rooms are very new. Location is good; it's a couple of blocks from the beach & a very easy walk, maybe a mile south of Ron Jon. We last stayed there last June for several days before our cruise on the Fantasy.

Just for clarification purposes...a poster stated that they "ate" at Ron Jon's. Ron Jon's is a surf shop and sells everything beach wear, etc. but isn't a restaurant.

Am unsure where they ate, as there are several really nice spots with great atmosphere...just wasn't the surf shop!

Try Coconuts on the Beach, Coco Loco's in the Hilton....

LOL I stand corrected - we ate at Cocoa Beach Surf Company which is connected to the Four Points Sheraton.

Why go to Ron Jon's when you can go to this great place?! :D

Shark Pit Bar and Grill - great food and service. Had a great time.

Diane

I drive through Cocoa Beach everyday on my way to work. Most of you out of towners did a fine job with this thread. Two things. Ron Jon's now has a resort in Cape Canaveral with places to eat. Also I would recommend eating in Port Canaveral at Fish Lips, Rusty's or Grills.

Archived