24 hour Room Service

berry22192

On our QM2 transatlantic we did not use Room Service but suspect we missed a good opportunity, if nothing else, to have as a daily starter a freshly brewed cup of coffee. We will probably make amends on the QE2 in January.

Do many people really use room service for Lunch and Dinner and (even) a Midnight snack? I suppose one way that room service would be useful is on excursion days when one returns to the ship, perhaps, having missed a meal. Does "24-hour Room Service" mean "24-hour Meal Service"?

Are there, I wonder, any suggestions as to the finer points of using the Room Service amenity?

Chris

We used room service the first day that we boarded the QE 2 this past January because we were in between lunch and dinner, we were hungry, and still unpacking. The food was as good as the restraunt and very quick. We started our day with breakfast in the cabin before we went to exercise. I showed up hot at the same time every morning. No complaints about room service from us. See you in New York.:)

Chart room 10pm. Looking forward to hearing about the Queen Mary.

Originally Posted by captain_rad

:eek: I showed up hot at the same time every morning. No complaints about room service from us.

Gosh! Your wife must've LOVED that! :rolleyes:

Karie,

who sometimes just can't help herself! :D

You know what I ment.;)

On our QM2 transatlantic we did not use Room Service but suspect we missed a good opportunity, if nothing else, to have as a daily starter a freshly brewed cup of coffee. We will probably make amends on the QE2 in January.

Do many people really use room service for Lunch and Dinner and (even) a Midnight snack? I suppose one way that room service would be useful is on excursion days when one returns to the ship, perhaps, having missed a meal. Does "24-hour Room Service" mean "24-hour Meal Service"?

Are there, I wonder, any suggestions as to the finer points of using the Room Service amenity?

Chris

Its been since 02 that I was on the QE2 last. What are they offering for room service these days? Any menus online? Especially on vacation I dislike getting up so I might eat in more. lol.

In December of 05 we were in a top-of-the-line suite on NCL and as such the room service was extensive especially since you had a table you could eat on in the rooms.

In December of 05 we were in a top-of-the-line suite on NCL and as such the room service was extensive especially since you had a table you could eat on in the rooms.

Much the same operates in the suites on Sun and Signal decks of QE2 - proper dining table in 8081/2 and they can provide a table in the others.

Menu is standard Queens Grill. As served downstairs.

Plus the normal cabin menu.

Cabin menu is more snacky than full meals - but the quality is good and reasonably prompt.

I was aboard the QM2 in Sept and loved the room service. The food was presented as lovely as in the dining room and service was prompt! The menu however is not extensive. You can get most breakfast items, club sandwiches, hamburgers, poached salmon, vegatable lasagna, steak and maybe 4 or so desserts including a wonderful lemon tart and icecream sundays. At 2 am my feet hurt, so rather than go down to the Lido buffet so late, I would just order a burger and fries. Excellent! Cant wait for my May trip to Eleuthra Island.:)

We use room service every morning for coffee. But, on the last morning of our cruise last week on QM2 room service shut down at 4:00AM before docking. We called for our coffee before going to bed the night before so we still had hot coffee to wake up to.

The room service menu does not have a lot of selections on the breakfast hang tag, just write on the tag what you want and it will be delivered without a question.

The nice thing about QM2 was that they did not call the room on the phone before delivering like other lines.

Steve

Archived