Just off QM2!

judy&steve

I've heard that embarkation in Fort Lauderdale can be slow when many ships are in port -- therefore it may be a port problem rather than a Cunard problem.

And second, there is no reason to get personal and snippy. The anorexic comment was unnecessary.

Judy, I've enjoyed all of your updates throughout the Cunard threads!

Boarding in less than 3 weeks!

My whole Cunard Queen Mary 2 experience has been very good. The embarkation process from Southampton took us no more than 30 minutes. While I dined at the Brittania Grill, I did not find the portions too big... and it wouldn't hardly be a complaint or a negative feedback. You don't happen to be anorexic, are you?

I believe the problem was unique to Fort Lauderdale. This was QM2's first visit there for the season. It was chaotic. I thought it would settle down after the initial onslaught of passengers. It, evidently, continued for the entire embarkation. So much so, that the ship left quite a bit behind schedule.

No, I am not anorexic. I would hope that you are trying to make a joke, but eating disorders are not laughing matters. My 23-year old son has had many friends who were in very bad shape due to anorexia and bulemia. Some were hospitalized. One is actually still in very fragile condition so I am very sensitive about comments regarding anoriexia.

I am actually a pre-diabetic and have to be very careful about portion control. I have never been on a cruise where the portions were so generous (and entirely edible!)

I really wasn't complaining about the portion sizes to complain! I was merely commenting that there was really nothing to complain about:p

--Judy

I really wasn't complaining about the portion sizes to complain! I was merely commenting that there was really nothing to complain about:p

I wouldn't complain about the portions either; I don't think they're too big. It's just that there are so many of them (it would be rude to refuse one or to leave anything:) ). You can start eating at 6-00am and continue through to 1-00am without a break. Then, if you get hungry between 1-00am and 6-00am, there's always room service:)

Archived