Excursion New York

ciska40

Hi,

My parents are going on the Noordam in March and are planning to take the tour trough manhattan after the cruise. Does anyone ever done this and what do they do with your suitcases. Do they come with the bus? Do you only have sightseeing and don't you get out of the bus?

Also they stay at the Crown Plaza at times square. How is the hotel?

Thanks a lot.

Love Ciska

If they are booked into a hotel after the cruise, the best thing to do is leave the luggage at the hotel and then "sight see". Here's a link to the hotel's web page: http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/cp/1/en/hotel/nycmh?_requestid=414692 There's a whole list of attractions listed on their web page. I hope this helps some.

No they are not going to a hotel. There plain to the netherlands doens't leave untill 6 pm so they have plenty of time to take the tour. They are just curious what HAL does with their luggage.

Love Ciska

Hi,

My parents are going on the Noordam in March and are planning to take the tour trough manhattan after the cruise. Does anyone ever done this and what do they do with your suitcases. Do they come with the bus? Do you only have sightseeing and don't you get out of the bus?

Also they stay at the Crown Plaza at times square. How is the hotel?

Thanks a lot.

Love Ciska

Ciska,

Als dit een excursie van HAL is meteen vanaf het schip met drop-off op de airport, dan blijven de koffers in de bus tijdens de excursie. Meestal wordt er wel ergens een of meerdere korte foto-stops gemaakt.

We hebben ooit zoiets in Miami gedaan.

Als dit een "zelf georganiseerde" tour door Manhattan is, dan dus niet.

Crown Plaza in NY ken ik niet, wel in o.a. LA. Het zijn over het algemeen prima hotels.

If this excursion is arranged by HAL as part of the drop-off at the airport, luggage can stay in the bus during the tour. We did a tour like that once in Miami.

I never stayed in the Crown Plaza in NY, but did in LA. In general those hotels are o.k.

Yes they will take the tour organized by HAL. So I suppose they will have their suitcases with them. They have a overnight stay at the Crown Plaza at time square prior to their cruise and are wondering if any of you ever stayed there and what you think of the Hotel.

Ine dank je wel voor de informatie. Ze nemen de tour van Hal omdat hun vlucht pas om 6 uur weggaat. Ine thanks for the information. They take the tour by HAL because their plane is not leaving untill 6pm.

Ciska

By the way does anybody know if you are prior to the cruise staying at a hotel by HAL will they pick up your suitcases at the hotel? We have had cruises in ft. lauderdale and then hal would get your suitcase in the early morning and transport them to the ship.

Ciska

By the way does anybody know if you are prior to the cruise staying at a hotel by HAL will they pick up your suitcases at the hotel? We have had cruises in ft. lauderdale and then hal would get your suitcase in the early morning and transport them to the ship.

Ciska

If you arranged for the pre-cruise hotel through HAL, they will take care of your luggage.

thanks a lot. My parents sailed with HAL for so many years but they always stayed in florida prior to their cruise. No that my mother isn't that well anymore they just fly to new york and take the cruise and hit back home. So we never had the package. Your answers will be very helpfull.

Ciska

Archived