Question about the "St. Lucia 4WD Safari" Excursion

DeLa Cruisers

Hi All,

I was looking at the St. Lucia 4WD Safari excursion to do with my DH and 3DD's and I have a couple of questions...

1) Has anyone been on this excursion and would recommend it to others??

2) When the description says you board your 4WD vehicle, is it a bus or do you actually drive your own 4WD??

Any comments would be greatly appreciated...from the info that I read on the Princess website, this excursion looks pretty good...especially for the $$$$!

Thanks,

Caron;)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Caron,

I am also going on the 4wd safari in St. Lucia. What I have been told by pax that have done this tour is: It is a jeep/truck like with bench seats. It takes you off the beaten path. I think you can hold onto the roll bars. Someone told me this was a great tour. I have really nervous about this, but will probably fun.

Hope I helped a little.

• 2 weeks later...

We have done these types of tours in Tahiti and Barbados and they are really fun - esp. if you get to go over some rough and/or hilly terrain! We always were in a truck like the one mentioned in the post above. Never drove our own vehicles, but there ARE tours where people do this. Often they are merely along a beach or dirt road, though. Not very thrilling, I don't think. Also, on both of the ones we did, we drove on regular roads through the towns, etc. I am 55 and did my first one just a couple of years ago, so you needn't be afraid. Our's offered commentary during most of the tour as well. Hope this helps!

Archived