Best Western Miami South Beach Washington Ave

HPINE1

Just stayed there in August 06 for two nights before my Triumph cruise.

Ok, keep in mind that this is just my opionion. Hotel was nice, it was built I think in the 40's and 50's, so keep that in mind. The hotel is actually 5 different buildings.. Each has its own name(for example we stayed in the Bel Aire)(no this is not the Bel Aire we think of) The hotel does not have elevators, except in the main building, and it is an old type, like a service elevator... (my sister stayed in the building). We had to walk up two flights of stairs (very narrow)with eight pieces of luggage -- keep in mind there were 5 of us traveling that stayed in this building. Still we did not let that get us, the room well that was more interesting. The room was small, we had two double beds that were more like oversized twins...it made sleeping more interesting. The bathroom was actually not a bad size it was standard. For the hotel in general, the continental breakfast was ok, we found a bakery directly across the street and had fresh muffins and coffee in the am. The pool is small....we did use it but there were about 20 people in it and it was crowded. Now in all reality its not a bad hotel, its just old and small.....it is well maintained, it just doesn't have modern conviences. It was though nice to have a short walk to the beach and to Ocean Blvd.... Would we stay there again, probley not, but only because of the beds. Other than that, the staff was great, the area around here seemed safe (we were out walking with our kids(teens) until about 11 pm and never had a problem. If you have any specific questions let me know. I will try and figure out how to put some pics I have on the computer and I can show you the place.

kathy

Archived