NewZuiderdam review

docschus

Just a quick synopsis of our cruise on Zuiderdam 11/25 sailing. Service and crew outstanding. Every crew member would make a point to say hello and smile. Service in dining room and cabins superb. As for the condition of the ship,there is some wear and tear in carpets and elevators . However crew continously working to keep ship maintained. Pinnacle restaurant is a must-quality of food in Pinnacle as good as Ruth Chris or better. Food in main dining room fair to good. Cabins are nice size cabins with plenty of storage. Shows are fair to good -could be improved upon as on any ship. The biggest downfalls were that many elderly on the ship thus nightlife basically nonexistent after shows end. Very limited activity after 10:30. Bars could play more contemporary music. No NFL games in sports bar. All that is shown is basically soccer and European CNN and European ESPN. Very disappointing for American football fans. Many more canadians and europeans vs americans. Excellent ports of call. Excellent embarkation and disembarkation. Would recommend this ship if you go with friends or family to socialize with. Not recommended for children or under 40 crowd if you are looking for entertainment at night or good daily activities. Main pool has sliding glass roof and is kept closed until 12 noon-wished they would have opened it earlier and very limited on chaise lounges however people did not stay long past 2 pm as they became more readily available. I have cruised many times and can say that this was probably the best and most pleasant crew I have seen.

Glad to hear you enjoyed your cruise. I think you and I may be the only people who have had Ruth Chris type experiences in the PG. :)

I think the nature of your cruise had all to do with the timing of of your cruise. If you go during Spring Break or summer vacation, you are apt to find a lot more younger folk on board. For many, it's too young, at those times of year.

As for the condition of the ship,there is some wear and tear in carpets and elevators . However crew continously working to keep ship maintained.

I cannot understand why they would not repair these items as the need arises. It creates a terrible impression on passengers since it seems that many people have commented about these items. Damage to the elevators was present when I cruised on the ZUI in the summer of 2005. These are items that need to be repaired quickly. Any form of vandalism needs to be repaired quickly or it becomes a place for more vandalism like grafitti in our cities. Get rid of it quick and the invitation for more vandalism goes with it.

I cannot understand why they would not repair these items as the need arises. It creates a terrible impression on passengers since it seems that many people have commented about these items. Damage to the elevators was present when I cruised on the ZUI in the summer of 2005. These are items that need to be repaired quickly. Any form of vandalism needs to be repaired quickly or it becomes a place for more vandalism like grafitti in our cities. Get rid of it quick and the invitation for more vandalism goes with it.

I think this ship is in great shape and the crew are constently keeping it clean and tidy. I never noticed any problems with the carpets being worn out and besides if there was i wouldn't be suprised it has thousands of pax a week trampling thru the halls in there outdoor gear. You can't expect a ship to be perfect. If they kept replacing things everytime somthing looked worn out they would keep rasing our cost to go on these beautiful boats.

I tend to disagree. There was one place in the carpet where my foot actually went thru the floor. Now I also agree that the ship is in good shape but it would not be very costly to repair these small issues since ths ship did go in for overhaul in Dec 05 and these carpet and elevator repairs were not performed

Archived